Analysis and calculation of thermal conductivity of rock in deep strata
- 68 Downloads
The thermal conductivity of rock is an important parameter for the deep mine and the geothermal development. It is often not possible to measure the thermal conductivity of the rocks present in the deep strata, and the usual approach is to calculate thermal conductivity including mineralogy and porosity. The compositions of core samples from the MID01 borehole in the Björkö area were determined, and the minera composition was classified. The calculation of the thermal conductivity of rock in the borehole was carried out, and the main factors for the thermal conductivity of rock were analyzed. The results show that the calculated thermal conductivity of rock is reliable and useful for the design and calculation of geothermal development in the Björkö area.
Key wordsthermal conductivity of rock thermal conductivity calculation mineral composition rock porosity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gong G Y. Physical Properties of Alpine Rocks: A Laboratory Investigation [D]. Geneva: University of Geneva, 2003.Google Scholar
- Hartmann A, Rath V, Clauser C. Thermal conductivity from core and well log data [J]. Geophysical Research Abstracts, 2003(5): 06667.Google Scholar
- Popov Y, Romushkevich R, Korobkov D, et al. Thermal properties of rocks from the upper part of the Yaxcopoil well (Chixculub Crater, Mexico) [J]. Geophysical Research Abstracts, 2003(5): 05481.Google Scholar
- Houbolt J J, Wells P R A. Estimation of heat flow in oil wells based on a relation between heat conductivity and sound velocity [J]. Geology Mijnbouw, 1980 (59): 215–224.Google Scholar
- Vacquier V, Mathieu Y, Lengendre E, et al. Experiment on estimating thermal conductivity of sedimentary rocks from oil well logging [J]. American Association Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Bulletin, 1988, 72(6): 758–764.Google Scholar
- Brigaud F, Chapman D S, Le D S. Estimating thermal conductivity in sedimentary basins using lithologic data and geophysical well logs [J]. American Association Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Bulletin, 1990, 74(9): 1459–1477.Google Scholar
- Dove R F, Williams C F. Thermal conductivity from elemental concentration logs [J]. Nuclear Geophysics, 1989, 3(2): 107–112.Google Scholar
- Henkel H. The Björkö geothermal engery project NGU (Norges geologiske undersokelse) [J]. Bulletin, 2002(439): 45–50.Google Scholar
- Bäckström A. Investigation of the Correlation of Fracture Frequency and Electric Resistivity in Impact Craters in Crystalline Rocks [D]. Stockholm: Royal Institute of Technology, 2004.Google Scholar
- Jürgen Schön. Petrophysik [M]. Berlin: Akademie-Verlag, 1983.Google Scholar
- Jessop A M. Thermal geophysics [J]. Developments in Solid Earth Geophysics, 1990(17): 296.Google Scholar