Kinetic study of LiMn2O4 in process of lithium intercalation
- 61 Downloads
Exchange current density of spinel LiMn2O4 was studied by linear polarization. The relationship of the kinetic property with the structure of spinel LiMn2O4 was investigated by studying the effect of the doping and surface coating on the kinetic properties of electrode material. The results show that the exchange current density of spinel LiMn2O4 electrode increases with the increase of the amount for lithium intercalation at first, and then decreases. The maximal exchange current density appeares at the 80%–90% lithium intercalation. The similar phenomenon was observed on the doped spinel LiMn2O4 electrode. Doping can enhance the exchange current density of spinel LiMn2O4 material. However, the degree of the doping effect varies with the doped element varying. Surface coating can also enhance the exchange current density of spinel material, and the increment of value is higher than that of doped ones.
Key wordskinetic exchange current density spinel LiMn2O4 doping surface coating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dokko K, Nishizawa M, Uchida I. High resolution cyclicvoltammograms of LiMn2−xNixO4 with a microelectrode technique [J]. Denki Kagaku, 1998, 66: 1188–1193.Google Scholar
- XU Ming-fei, LI Xing-hai, ZHANG Yun-he, et al. Enhancing the elevated temperature performance of spinel LiMn2O4 by electroless plating nickel[J]. Journal of Power Source, 2004, 28(2): 89–90. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XU Ming-fei LI Xing-hai, WU Xian-ming, et al. Enhancing the elevated temperature performance of spinel LiMn2O4 by coated with MgO[J]. Journal of Chinese Science and Technology University, 2004, 32(1): 32–35.Google Scholar
- JIANG Xiao-xia. Electroless Plating Theory and Practice[M]. Beijing: Publishing Company of Defense Industry, 2000. 10–103.Google Scholar
- ZHA Quan-xing. Induced Argumentum of Kinetics on Electrode Process[M]. Beijing: Science Publishing Company, 1987. 150–162.Google Scholar
- GONG Zhu-qing. Induced Argumentum of Theoretic Electrochemistry[M]. Changsha: Central South University of Technology Press, 1988. 272–290.Google Scholar
- SHU Yu-de. Research Method of Metallurgic Electrochemistry[M]. Changsha: Central South University of Technology Press, 1990. 73–74.Google Scholar