Preparation and characteristics of C/C composite brake disc by multi-cylindrical chemical vapor deposition processes
- 103 Downloads
The C/C composite brake discs were prepared by tri-cylindrical chemical vapor deposition (CVD) process. The optimum processing parameters were as follows: deposition temperature was 830 – 930 °C, the gas-flow rates of N2 and propylene were 4.8 – 5.2 m3/h and 5.8 – 6.2 m3/h, respectively, the furnace pressure was 4.5 – 5.5 kPa and the deposition time was 200 h. The effects of processing parameters on the densified rates, thermal-physical property and mechanical performance of C/C composite brake discs were studied. The results show that density, heat conductivity, bend strength and abrasion ratio of the multi-cylindrica brake discs are 1.02 – 1.78 g/cm3, 31 W/(m · K), 114 MPa and 7 µm/s, respectively, which are approximately similar to those of the single-cyclindrical ones. The gas flow rate has no relation to the number of the cylinder and furnace loading. The utilization ratio of carbon can be improved by multi-cylinder CVD process without changing the characteristics of brake disc.
Key wordsC/C composite brake disc chemical vapor deposition multi-cylindrical mechanical property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- YAN Gui-shen, LI He-jun, ZHANG Shou-yang, et al. Densification mechanism of performs with thermal gradient CVI[J]. Acta Materiale Compositae Sinica, 2003, 20(3): 64–70. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YI Fa-jun, HAN Jie-cai, DU Shan-yi. Experimental investigation on mechanical properties of hybrid C/C composites at ultra-high temperature[J]. Acta Materiale Compositae Sinica, 2003, 20(2): 118–122. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- JIANG Jian-chun, HUANG Bai-yun. Effect of structure integrality of aircraft braking C/C composites on their friction coefficients[J]. New Carbon Materials, 2003, 18(2): 111–115. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHOU Zhi-qiang, TANG Zhong-hua, XIONG Jie. To use technology of thermal gradient CVD densify to manufacture C/C composites braking discs[J]. New Carbon Materials, 2000, 15(2): 22–27. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YU Shu, LIU Gen-shan, LI Xi-bin, et al. Contrast and analysis of properties of C/C braking discs from different producers[J]. ACTA Materiae Compositae Sinica, 2003, 20(3): 35–40. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LI Ye, HUANG Qi-zhong, WANG Lin-shan. Effect of resin impregnation on the mechanical properties of C/C composites[J]. New Carbon Materials, 2003, 18(2): 117–122. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIONG Xiang, HUANG Bai-yun, XU Hui-juan, et al. Frictional and wear behaviors of the C/C composite from a needled felt at different braking pressures and speeds[J]. ACTA Materiae Compositae Sinica, 2003, 20(3): 41–46. (in Chinese)Google Scholar