Effect of additive on synthesis of MnZn ferrite nanocrystal by hydrothermal crystallization
- 58 Downloads
The effect of additive RCOONa on the formation of MnZn ferrite homogeneous coprecipitation precursor was studied in this paper. The action of additive in the MnZn ferrite hydrothermal crystallization process was investigated according to crystal field theory and crystal growth unit theory. And the growth unit formation process was presented and its structure was illustrated. The results show that the precursor of MnZn ferrite is a colloidal mixture composed of Zn(OH)2, Fe(OH)2, Mn(OH)2, MnO(OH), MnO2·xH2O and so on, and dissolves in solution in the form of hydroxyl coordination tetrahedron and octahedron such as Zn(OH)42−, Fe(OH)42−, Fe(OH)64−, Fe(OH)4−, Fe(OH)53−, Mn(OH)42−, Mn(OH)63− etc., and the growth unit is formed by combination of the coordination polyhedra subsequently in the hydrothermal precess. The additive is beneficial to the formation of homogeneous precursor and has dispersive effect on the aggregation of the crystal growth unit by forming associate with hydrogen bond, which is beneficial to the synthesis of the pure product with a tiny size and a narrow size distribution.
Key wordsMnZn ferrite nanocrystal growth unit hydrothermal process mechanism additive
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Walter H. Structure of chemistry of inorganic compounds[M]. Amstedam: Elsevier Publishing Company, 1951.Google Scholar
- Hartman P. Morphology of crystals[M]. Tokyo: Terra Scientific Pub Co, 1987.Google Scholar
- Henry M, Jolivert J P, Livage J. Aqueous chemistry of metal cations: Hydrolysis, condensation, and complex[J]. Structure and Bonding, 1992,77:155–206.Google Scholar
- ZHONG Wei-zhuo, HUA Su-kun. Morphology of crystal growth (in Chinese) [M]. Beijing: Science Press, 1999:99–100.Google Scholar
- SHI Er-wei, ZHONG Wei-zhuo, HUA Su-kun, et al. The model of anion complexing polyhedron[J]. Science in China(E)(in Chinese), 1998,28(1):37–45.Google Scholar
- SANG Shang-bin, GU Ying-ying, HUANG Ke-long, et al. The hydrothermal preparation of MnZn ferrite nanoparticles and thermokinetics study[J]. Fuctional Material(in Chinese), 2001,32(1): 27–29.Google Scholar