Poststack internal multiples attenuation based on virtual events
- 16 Downloads
The attenuation of prestack internal multiples based on virtual seismic events is computationally costly and hinders seismic data processing. We propose a multiples attenuation method for poststack seismic data by approximating conventional virtual events. The proposed method is iterative. The proposed method is tested using 2D synthetic and the field poststack seismic datasets. Compared with the conventional virtual events method, the proposed method does not require data regularization and offers higher computation efficiency. The method requires to know the travel time of the primary reflection waves. The results of the application to 2D field datasets suggest that the proposed method attenuates the internal multiples while highlighting the deep primaries.
KeywordsVirtual events poststack internal multiple land seismic data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- An, S., Hu, T., Liu, J., and Peng, G., 2017, Scheme of applying virtual event method for internal multiples on land seismic data: CGS/SEG International Geophysical Conference, SEG, Extended Abstracts, 391–394.Google Scholar
- Jakubowicz, H., 1998, Wave equation prediction and removal of interbed multiples: 68th SEG Annual International Meeting, SEG, Expanded Abstracts, 1527–1530.Google Scholar
- Keydar, S., Lande, E., Gurevich, B., and Gelchinsky, B., 1997, Multiple prediction using wavefront characteristics of primary reflections: 59th EAGE Conference and Exhibition, EAGE, Expanded Abstracts.Google Scholar
- Liu, J., and Hu, T., 2017a, Internal Multiple Attenuation by Iterative Construction of Virtual Events: 79th EAGE Conference and Exhibition, EAGE, Expanded Abstracts.Google Scholar
- Liu, J., and Hu, T., 2017b, Inversion based internal multiple attenuation study: CGS/SEG International Geophysical Conference, SEG, Expanded Abstracts, 561–564.Google Scholar
- van Borselen, R., 2002, Data–driven interbed multiple removal: Strategies and examples: 72nd SEG Annual International Meeting, SEG, Expanded Abstracts, 2106–2109.Google Scholar
- Wu, J., Wu, Z., Hu, T., He, Y., Wang, P., Yan, G., and Li, L., 2013, Seismic internal multiple attenuation based on constructing virtual events: Chinese Journal of Geophysics (in Chinese), 56(3), 985–994.Google Scholar
- Zhou, Y., Wang, R., Yuan, Y., Wang, S., Huang, W., Zhou, Y., and Chen, X., 2017, Attenuation of internal multiples with mathematical morphology filtering: 87th SEG Annual International Meeting, SEG, Expanded Abstracts, 4844–4848.Google Scholar