Therapeutic observation on tuina at head and abdomen for headache due to phlegm turbidity
- 6 Downloads
Objective: To observe the clinical efficacy of tuina at head and abdomen for headache due to phlegm turbidity.
Methods: A total of 56 patients with headache due to phlegm turbidity were randomized into a tuina group and a Chinese medicine group by the random number table, with 28 cases in each group. The tuina group was treated mainly with tuina at the head and abdomen, while the Chinese medicine group was treated with oral administration of Ban Xia Bai Zhu Tian Ma Tang (Pinellia, Atractylodes Macrocephala and Gastrodia Decoction). The course of treatment was 30 d. The scores of headache index, traditional Chinese medicine syndrome scale, and the therapeutic efficacy were observed.
Results: There were 2 dropouts in each group during treatment. The total effective rate was 92.3% in the tuina group, significantly higher than 76.9% in the Chinese medicine group (P<0.05). The scores of headache index and traditional Chinese medicine syndrome scale in both groups decreased after treatment (both P<0.05), and scores in the tuina group were lower than those in the Chinese medicine group (both P<0.05).
Conclusion: Tuina mainly at head and abdomen is effective in treating headache due to phlegm turbidity, and has a better effect than Ban Xia Bai Zhu Tian Ma Tang (Pinellia, Atractylodes Macrocephala and Gastrodia Decoction).
KeywordsTuina Massage Points, Chest & Abdomen Points, Head & Neck Dampness-phlegm Syndrome Phlegm Syndrome Ban Xia Bai Zhu Tian Ma Tang (Pinellia, Atractylodes Macrocephala and Gastrodia Decoction) Headache
目的:观察头部及腹部推拿为主治疗痰浊型头痛的临床疗效。方法:将56例痰浊型头痛患者按随机数字 表法分为推拿组和中药组, 每组28例。推拿组接受头部及腹部为主的推拿治疗; 中药组口服半夏白术天麻汤治疗。 疗程30 d, 观察两组治疗前后头痛指数评分、中医证候评分及临床疗效。结果:治疗过程中两组均脱落2例。推 拿组总有效率92.3%, 中药组总有效率76.9%, 两组临床疗效具有统计学差异(P<0.05)。两组治疗后头痛指数评分 与中医证候评分均较本组治疗前下降(均P<0.05), 推拿组评分均低于中药组(均P<0.05)。结论:头部及腹部为主 的推拿治疗痰浊型头痛有效, 且疗效优于口服半夏白术天麻汤。
关键词推拿 按摩 穴位 胸腹部 穴位 头颈部 痰湿 痰证 半夏白术天麻汤 头痛
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by Project of Hebei Provincial Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine (河北省中 医药管理局项目, No. 7002017012029).
- Yin ZY, Han ZY, Liu F, Hong W, Chen HJ, Tan ZC, Li WL. Treating headache by acupuncture. Zhongyi Linchuang Yanjiu, 2018, 10(25): 41–42.Google Scholar
- Wang YY, Yan SY. Practical Traditional Chinese Internal Medicine. Shanghai: Shanghai Scientific & Technical Publishers, 2009: 614.Google Scholar
- Fang W, Zhao XY. Clinical observation on abdominal tuina treatment alone for the chronic tension headache. Xin Zhongyi, 2013, 45(8): 164–166.Google Scholar
- Wang JG. Clinical observation on Tongmai Tiaoqi abdominal differentiation tuina for 75 cases of tension headache. Xin Zhongyi, 2006, 38(2): 60–61.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China. Guiding Principles for Clinical Study of New Chinese Medicines. Beijing: China Medical Science Press, 2002: 105–109.Google Scholar
- Zhou ZY, Xue BY. Zhou Zhong-ying's Practical Traditional Chinese Internal Medicine. Beijing: China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2012: 595–596.Google Scholar
- Liu MH, Hu YL, Huang AM. Treatment experience for headache of phlegm turbidity pattern. Guangming Zhongyi, 2012, 27(8): 1658.Google Scholar
- Wang WJ, Chen ZR. Chinese Abdominal Tuina Manipulation. Tianjin: Tianjin Science & Technology Translation & Publishing Co., Ltd., 1997: 1.Google Scholar
- Su ZC, Yan HQ, Rong B, Zhao N. Theoretical study of abdominal massage in treating perimenopausal depression. Hebei Zhongyi, 2016, 38(7): 1081–1084.Google Scholar
- Li HN, Zhang W, Zhao N, Hai XH, Han YH, Ma F, Wang JG. Research progress of traditional Chinese medicine and Western medicine on mechanism of abdominal tuina treatment for internal diseases. Shizhen Guoyi Guoyao, 2017, 28(3): 676–678.Google Scholar
- Pang J, Jin RQ, Lu HQ, Gan W, Huang JJ, Tang HL. Regulation research about acupuncture and massage treatment of migraine with acupuncture points. Liaoning Zhongyi Zazhi, 2014, 41(5): 1000–1001.Google Scholar
- Zhang BR, Shi WH, Liu LY, Liu DL, Wang BX. The effect of massaging Fengchi (GB 20) on blood flow of common carotid artery. Anmo Yu Kangfu Yixue, 1991, 7(3): 4.Google Scholar
- Li D. Analysis of Li Gao's Pi Wei Lun (Treatise on the Spleen and Stomach). Zhongyiyao Linchuang Zazhi, 2017, 29(1): 46–48.Google Scholar
- Bo ZY. On abdominal acupuncture therapy. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu, 2001, 21(8): 474–476.Google Scholar
- Ju G. Neurobiology. Beijing: People's Medical Publishing House, 2004: 546–547.Google Scholar
- Chen M, Zhang TF, Zhang HX, Zhou L, Huang GF. Clinical application of Fenglong (ST 40). Hubei Zhongyi Zazhi, 2006, 28(11): 18–19.Google Scholar
- Hong MC. Research progress of acupuncture at Fenglong (ST 40) in the treatment of hyperlipidemia. Shanghai Yiyao, 2016, 37(24): 39–40.Google Scholar
- Huang SY, Ou JQ, Xia JF, Shen HJ, Li L. Clinical study on lipid metabolism of phlegm-dampness constitution patients by acupuncture at Fenglong (ST 40) and Zusanli (ST 36) points. Yunnan Zhongyi Zhongyao Zazhi, 2016, 37(3): 50–52.Google Scholar
- Huang WC, Wu SF, Fan ZY, Zha HP, Li SS. Clinical research on abdominal acupuncture point massage of traditional Chinese medicine for treatment of insomnia due to neck source. Liaoning Zhongyiyao Daxue Xuebao, 2013, 15(12): 193–195.Google Scholar