Warm needling moxibustion versus electroacupuncture for simple obesity due to yang deficiency of the spleen and kidney: a controlled clinical trial
- 11 Downloads
To compare the therapeutic efficacy between warm needling moxibustion and electroacupuncture (EA) in the treatment of simple obesity due to yang deficiency of the spleen and kidney.
Seventy patients with simple obesity due to yang deficiency of the spleen and kidney were randomly divided into a warm needling moxibustion group and an EA group, with 35 subjects in each group. Same major acupoints were selected for the two groups, including Shuifen (CV 9), Guanyuan (CV 4), Daheng (SP 15), Shuidao (ST 28), Shousanli (LI 10), Zusanli (ST 36), Sanyinjiao (SP 6) and Taixi (KI 3). The warm needling moxibustion group received warm needling moxibustion, while the EA group received EA treatment. The interventions were performed once every other day, with 15 treatments as one course. The therapeutic efficacy, body weight and body mass index (BMI) were then observed and compared.
The total effective rate in the warm needling moxibustion group was 85.7% versus 77.1% in the EA group, and the between-group difference was statistically significant (P<0.05). The warm needling moxibustion was remarkably superior to the EA in weight loss and lowering BMI, both with statistical significance (P<0.05, P<0.01). At the three-month follow-up, the body weight and BMI further decreased in the warm needling moxibustion group (both P<0.05), and the levels were lower than those in the EA group (P<0.05, P<0.01).
Warm needling moxibustion can produce reliable and consistent efficacy in the treatment of simple obesity due to yang deficiency of the spleen and kidney. Compared with EA, warm needling moxibustion shows advantage in both short-term and long-term efficacies, and thus is worth promotion in clinical practice.
KeywordsAcupuncture Therapy Warm Needling Therapy Electroacupuncture Points, Lower Extremities Points, Chest & Abdomen Obesity Yang Deficiency of the Spleen and Kidney
将70例脾肾阳虚型单纯性肥胖症患者随机分为温针灸组和电针组, 每组35例。 两组均取水分、 关元、 大横、 水道、 手三里、 足三里、 三阴交和太溪为主穴, 温针灸组接受温针灸治疗, 电针组接受电针治疗。 隔日治疗1次, 15次为1个疗程。 一个疗程结束后, 对其临床疗效、 体重及体质量指数(BMI)等指标进行观察和比较。
温针灸组总有效率为85.7%, 电针组为77.1%, 两组差异有统计学意义(P<0.05); 温针灸组在降低体重和BMI方面优于电针组, 组间差异均有统计学意义(P<0.05, P<0.01)。 治疗后3个月随访, 温针灸组的体重和BMI均较治疗后进一步下降(均P<0.05), 且明显低于电针组(P<0.05, P<0.01)。
温针灸治疗脾肾阳虚型单纯性肥胖症疗效确切、持久, 近期和远期疗效均优于电针治疗, 值得临床推广应用。
关键词针刺疗法 温针疗法 电针 穴位, 下肢 穴位, 胸腹部 肥胖 脾肾阳虚
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by Scientific Research Fund of Jiading District Science and Technology Commission, Shanghai (上海市嘉定区科委科研课题, No. 2015-KW-21).
- Wei BH, Jia BP. Criteria for diagnosis and therapeutic effect evaluation of simple obesity. Chin J Integr Trad West Med, 1998, 18(5): 317–319.Google Scholar
- He YZ, Tang HZ. Progress on the mechanism of hypothalamus participating in the weight loss by acupuncture and moxibustion. Henan Zhongyi, 2017, 37(12): 2197–2199.Google Scholar
- Wang JJ, Chen X, Huang W, Zhou ZY. Effect of acupoint thread embedding on the peripheral serum leptin and insulin levels in simple obesity patients. Shanghai Zhenjiu Zazhi, 2017, 36(1): 55–59.Google Scholar
- Ge BH, Wang XY, Zhang T, An BZ, Chen YZ, Liu Y. Effect of acupoint thread embedding on blood lipids and insulin in simple obesity. Shanghai Zhenjiu Zazhi, 2015, 34(2): 117–119.Google Scholar
- Cai SK, Li YB, Yang F, Fan YZ, Dong JL, Wu Q, Cai Y. Effect of electroacupuncture on hypothalamic IRS-1 in a rat model of T2DM. Shanghai Zhenjiu Zazhi, 2018, 37(3): 330–334.Google Scholar
- Tian L, Zhang SY, Gao F, Sun XX, Du XY, Sun LH, Liang YL. Effect of electroacupuncture on serum insulin and the fat content in male and female experimental obesity rats. Shanghai Zhenjiu Zazhi, 2017, 36(1): 94–97.Google Scholar
- Darbandi M, Darbandi S, Owji AA, Mokarram P, Mobarhan MG, Fardaei M, Zhao B, Abdi H, Nematy M, Safarian M, Parizadeh MR, Dabbaghmanesh MH, Abbasi P, Ferns G. Auricular or body acupuncture: which one is more effective in reducing abdominal fat mass in Iranian men with obesity: a randomized clinical trial. J Diabetes Metab Disord, 2014, 13(1): 92.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Han YP, Li Y, Yang G, Wang LS. Efficacy observation of electroacupuncture on simple obesity of female patients with spleen dysfunction and dampness syndrome. J Clin Acupunct Moxib, 2015, 31(6): 25–27.Google Scholar
- Wu YF, Huang XG, Zhao LH. Observations on the efficacy of electroacupuncture plus weak laser fat dissolution technique in treating female patients with simple obesity and overweight of stomach heat dampness stagnation type. Shanghai Zhenjiu Zazhi, 2015, 34(9): 852–855.Google Scholar
- Pang TT, Liu ZC, Xu B. Effects of warming needle moxibustion combined with ear-acupuncture on blood lipid level in obesity patients with syndrome of yang deficiency of spleen and kidney complicated with hyperlipidemia. Chin J Tradit Chin Med Pharm, 2016, 31(6): 2133–2138.Google Scholar