Preparation and thermal properties of layered porous carbon nanotube/epoxy resin composite films
- 9 Downloads
A floating-catalyst spray pyrolysis method was used to synthesize carbon nanotube (CNT) thin films. With the use of ammonium chloride as a pore-former and epoxy resin (EP) as an adhesive, CNT/EP composite films with a porous structure were prepared through the post-heat treatment. These films have excellent thermal insulation (0.029–0.048 W·m−1·K−1) at the thickness direction as well as a good thermal conductivity (40–60 Wm−1·K−1) in the film plane. This study provides a new film material for thermal control systems that demand a good thermal conductivity in the plane but outstanding thermal insulation at the thickness direction.
Keywordscarbon nanotube composite film layered porous structure thermal insulation thermal conductivity pore-former
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This research was supported by the National Key R&D Program of China (2018YFA0208404), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (U1362104), and the Innovation Program of Shanghai Municipal Education Commission.
- Song J, Liu Y, Chen L, et al. Current research status and development of thermal insulating materials in the world. Materials Review, 2010, 24(S1): 378–380, 394 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Hüsing N, Schubert U. Aerogels — airy materials: chemistry, structure, and properties. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 1998, 37(1–2): 22–45Google Scholar
- Maamur K N, Jais U S, Yahya S Y S. Magnetic phase development of iron oxide-SiO2 aerogel and xerogel prepared using rice husk ash as precursor. Ieice Technical Report Component Parts & Materials, 2010, 103(1217): 294–301Google Scholar
- Dong Z, Yan J, Tu H, et al. Studying on the preparation and application of silica aerogel composites for thermal insulation. New Chemical Materials, 2005, 33(3): 46–48Google Scholar
- Zhang H, He X, Li Y. Synthesis and characterization of SiO2 thermal insulation aerogel doped CNTs. Rare Metal Materials and Engineering, 2007, 36(S1): 567–569 (in Chinese)Google Scholar