Synthesis of highly luminescent nanocomposite LaF3:Ln3+/Q-dots-CdTe system, exhibiting tunable red-to-green emission
- 7 Downloads
Preparation of LaF3:Gd3+ 30%, Ce3+ 10%, Eu3+ 1% NPs conjugated with CdTe quantum dots was performed by two methods. The first method includes mixing of two products, while the second method is based on the co-precipitation approach. The mixing of individual components did not lead to the formation of a new product. On the contrary, the product obtained by co-precipitation synthesis resulted in particles having about 140 nm in diameter. This nanocomposite system exhibits tunable red (λexc = 248 nm) and green (λexc = 340 m) luminescence due to the presence of Eu3+ ion and CdTe quantum dots.
KeywordsLuminescence CdTe quantum dots Lanthanide-doped fluorides Energy transfer Nanocomposites
Financial support from the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic (grant MUNI/A/1359/2018 and CEITEC LQ 1601) and EU ERASMUS programs are acknowledged.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
On behalf of all authors, the corresponding author states that there is no conflict of interest.
- Hölsä J (2009) Persistent luminescence beats the afterglow: 400 years of persistent luminescence. Electrochem Soc Interface 18:42–45Google Scholar
- Runowski M, Lis S (2014) Preparation and photophysical properties of luminescent nanoparticles based on lanthanide doped fluorides (LaF3:Ce3+, Gd3+, Eu3+), obtained in the presence of different surfactants. J Alloy Compd 597:63–71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2014.01.209 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Runowski M, Shyichuk A, Tymiński A et al (2018a) Multifunctional optical sensors for nanomanometry and nanothermometry: high-pressure and high-temperature upconversion luminescence of lanthanide-doped phosphates—LaPO4/YPO4:Yb3+–Tm3+. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 10:17269–17279. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.8b02853 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Runowski M, Stopikowska N, Goderski S, Lis S (2018b) Luminescent-plasmonic, lanthanide-doped core/shell nanomaterials modified with Au nanorods—up-conversion luminescence tuning and morphology transformation after NIR laser irradiation. J Alloy Compd 762:621–630. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2018.05.211 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Runowski M, Woźny P, Stopikowska N et al (2019) Optical pressure sensor based on the emission and excitation band width (FWHM) and luminescence shift of Ce3+ doped fluorapatite—high-pressure sensing. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 11:4131–4138. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.8b19500 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Tang Y, Han S, Liu H et al (2013) The role of surface chemistry in determining in vivo biodistribution and toxicity of CdSe/ZnS core-shell quantum dots. Biomaterials 34:8741–8755. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2013.07.087 CrossRefGoogle Scholar