A quinoline-based Schiff base for significant fluorescent “turn-on” and absorbance-ratiometric detection of Al3+
- 10 Downloads
A novel quinoline-based Schiff base fluorescent sensor BQPA had been synthesized and characterized by common spectroscopic methods. It showed highly sensitive fluorescent enhancement (300-fold) and ratiometric absorbance for the determination of Al3+ with low detection limits of 31 nM in CH3CH2OH/H2O (1: 9, v/v) solution. The stoichiometry of the BQPA–Al3+ complex was 1:1, determined by Job plots curve and further confirmed by HRMS, 1H NMR titration and FT-IR spectrum. Moreover, the potential application of BQPA in the detection of Al3+ was estimated in real water samples.
KeywordsQuinoline Schiff base Fluorescence Ratiometric Al3+
This work was supported by the Research Science Foundation in Technology Innovation of Harbin (no. 2017RAQXJ022) and the Postdoctoral Scientific Research Developmental Fund of Heilongjiang Province (no. LBH-Q14023). We would like to thank Zhe Wang (Qiqihar University) for the MS measurement.
- Gan XP, Li W, Li CX, Wu ZC, Liu D, Huang B, Zhou HP, Tian YP (2017) Two analogously structural triphenylamine-based fluorescent “off-on” probes for Al3+ via two distinct mechanisms and cell imaging application. Sens Actuators B Chem 239:642–651. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2016.08.042 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kadar M, Biro A, Toth K, Vermes B, Huszthy P (2005) Spectrophotometric determination of the dissociation constants of crown ethers with grafted acridone unit in methanol based on Benesi-Hildebrand evaluation. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 62:1032–1038. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2005.04.034 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Maniyazagan M, Mariadasse R, Nachiappan M, Jeyakanthan J, Lokanath NK, Naveen S, Sivaraman G, Muthuraja P, Manisankar P, Stalin T (2018) Synthesis of rhodamine based organic nanorods for efficient chemosensor probe for Al(III) ions and its biological applications. Sens Actuators B Chem 254:795–804. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2017.07.106 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Naskar B, Das K, Mondal RR, Maiti DK, Requena A, Cerón-Carrasco JP, Prodhan C, Chaudhuri K, Goswami S (2018) A new fluorescence turn-on chemosensor for nanomolar detection of Al3+ constructed from a pyridine–pyrazole system. New J Chem 42:2933–2941. https://doi.org/10.1039/c7nj03955g CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Özyol E, Saçmac Ş, Saçmac M, Ülgen A (2018) A new turn-on fluorimetric method for the rapid speciation of Cr(III)/Cr(VI) species in tea samples with rhodamine-based fluorescent reagent. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 191:62–68. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2017.10.005 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Ren XJ, Tian HH, Yang L, He L, Geng YN, Liu XJ, Song XZ (2018) Fluorescent probe for simultaneous discrimination of Cys/Hcy and GSH in pure aqueous media with a fast response under a single-wavelength excitation. Sens Actuators B Chem 273:1170–1178. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2018.04.163 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Roy SB, Rajak KK (2017) A quinoline appended naphthalene derivative based AIE active “turn–on” fluorescent probe for the selective recognition of Al3+ and colourimetric sensor for Cu2+: experimental and computational studies. J Photochem Photobiol A 332:505–514. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jphotochem.2016.09.015 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Shyamal M, Mazumdar P, Maity S, Sahoo GP, Morán GS, Misra A (2016) Pyrene scaffold as real-Time fluorescent turn-on chemosensor for selective detection of trace-level Al(III) and its aggregation-induced emission enhancement. J Phys Chem A 120:210–220. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpca.5b09107 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Wang Y, Wang LJ, Jiang EK, Zhu MQ, Wang Z, Fan SS, Gao Q, Liu SZ, Li QX, Hua RM (2018c) A colorimetric and ratiometric dual-site fluorescent probe with 2,4-dinitrobenzenesulfonyl and aldehyde groups for imaging of aminothiols in living cells and zebrafish. Dyes Pigments 156:338–347. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dyepig.2018.04.027 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zeng S, Li SJ, Sun XJ, Li MQ, Ma YQ, Xing ZY, Li JL (2018) A naphthalene-quinoline based chemosensor for fluorescent “turn-on”and absorbance-ratiometric detection of Al3+ and its application in cells imaging. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 205:276–286. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2018.07.039 CrossRefGoogle Scholar