Synthesis of novel trans-4-(phthalimidomethyl)- and 4-(imidazol-1-ylmethyl)-3-indolyl-tetrahydroisoquinolinones as possible aromatase inhibitors
- 66 Downloads
The reaction of homophthalic anhydride with 1H-indol-3-carbaldimines was used for the preparation of trans- and cis-2-alkyl-3-indolyl-1-oxotetrahydroisoquinolin-4-carboxylic acids 3a–d. The stereochemistry of the reaction was investigated by means of 1H NMR spectroscopy. The carboxylic group of trans-3a–d was transformed stereoselectively via 4-hydroxymethyltetrahydroisoquinolin-1-ones into 4-(phthalimidomethyl)-derivatives trans-6a,b and 4-(imidazolylmethyl)-derivatives trans-8b–d. Compounds trans-6a,b and 8b–d were tested for antiaromatase activity, and the preliminary results showed that the phthalimidomethylisoquinolinone trans-6b at 50 μM concentration decreased the aromatase enzyme activity with 40%.
KeywordsTetrahydroisoquinolinones Imidazoles Phthalimides Mitsunobu protocol Homophthalic anhydride Antiaromatase activity
The authors are grateful to the FP7 project BeyondEverest. The financial support of National Science Fund of Bulgaria at the Ministry of Education and Science (project TK-X-1706/07 and UNION project DO-02-82/2008) and Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” (project 80-10-190/26.04.2018) is acknowledged.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interests
The authors declare no conflict of interests.
- Baramov TI, Burdzhiev NT, Pandova BT, Todorova VZ, Yanev SG, Stanoeva ER, Chanev CD (2017) Synthesis of bioactive aminoacid derivatives of trans-5-aminomethyl-1-benzyl-6-phenylpiperidin-2-one. Bulgarian Chem Comm Special Edition B 49:55–63Google Scholar
- Bogdanov M (2009) Synthesis of new 1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinolin-1-one-4-carboxamides as conformationally restricted GABA analogs. Annuaire de l’Université de Sofia 101:89–98Google Scholar
- Caliendo G, Fiorino F, Grieco P, Perissutti E, Santagada V (1997) Synthesis and in vitro activities of NK-1 antagonists derived from l-tryptophan. Il Farmaco 52:589–593Google Scholar
- Haimova MA, Stanoeva E, Dimitrova A (1977b) Synthèses de composés indoliques diastéréoisomères à partir d’azométhines et d’anhydrides homophtaliques. Préparation de dérivés hexadeshydroyohimbaniques en une étape. C R Acad Sci Paris 285C:353–356Google Scholar
- Hida F, Robert J, Luu-Duc C (1994) Synthesis and evaluation of benzimidazole and imidazole compounds as potential aromatase inhibitors. Il Farmaco 49:489–492Google Scholar
- Kiely JS, Griffith MC (1997) Isoquinoline derivatives and isoquinoline combinatorial libraries. WO Patent 9716428, Oct 19, 1997. Chem Abstr 127:34144fGoogle Scholar
- Kogen H, Toda N, Tago K, Marumoto S, Takami K, Ori M, Yamada N, Koyama K, Naruto S, Abe K, Yamazaki R, Hara T, Aoyagi A, Abe Y, Kaneko T (2002) Design and synthesis of dual inhibitors of acetylcholinesterase and serotonin transporter targeting potential agents for Alzheimer’s disease. Org Lett 4:3359–3362. https://doi.org/10.1021/ol026418e CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Koleva M, Stanoeva E, StoychevT Haimova M (1998) Synthesis of diastereomeric 4-hydroxymethyltetrahydroisoquinolines with central depressant activity. Annuaire de l’Université de Sofia 90:211–219Google Scholar
- Kozekov ID, Koleva RI, Palamareva MD (2002) New trans/cis tetrahydroisoquinolines. 1. trans-2-benzyl-3-(l-methyl-1 h-pyrrol-2-yl)-4-substituted-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinolin-1-ones and corresponding tetrahydroisoquinolines. J Heterocycl Chem 39:229–236. https://doi.org/10.1002/jhet.5570390134 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Pillai AD, Rathod PD, Franklin PX, Patel M, Nivsarkar M, Vasu KK, Padh H, Sudarsanam V (2003) Novel drug designing approach for dual inhibitors as anti-inflammatory agents: implication of pyridine template. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301:183–186. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-291X(02)02996-0 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Santagati NA, Bousquet E, Tirendi S, Caruso A, Cutuli VMC, Amigo-Roxas M (1993) Research on isoquinoline derivatives. V-Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of a series of amidic derivatives of isoquinolin and isocoumarin carboxylic acids. Il Farmaco 48:21–30Google Scholar
- Shetty BV, McFadden A, Hofer P (1984) Analgesic 4-carboxy-pyrrolidin-2-one compound. US Patent 4476311, Oct 9, 1984. Chem Abstr 102:78717hGoogle Scholar
- Stanoeva E, Haimova M, Radusheva Z (1981) Some isoquinoline, indole and yohimbane derivatives from CH-acidic anhydrides and imines. Izv Khim 14:63–77Google Scholar
- Stoyanova MP, Kozekov ID, Palamareva MD (2003) New trans/cis tetrahydroisoquinolines. 2. trans- and cis-3-(1-methyl-1H-pyrrol-2-yl)-1-(2H)-oxo-2-phenethyl-1,2,3,4-tetra-hydroisoquinolin-4-carboxylic acids and subsequent transformations. J Heterocycl Chem 40:795–803. https://doi.org/10.1002/jhet.5570400508 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Tabcheh M, Baroudi M, Elomar F, Elzant A, Elkhatib M, Rolland V (2006) New imidazole compounds derived from pyrrolidonic and piperidonic acids as non-steroidic aromatase inhibitors. Asian J Chem 18:1771–1782Google Scholar
- Takasu Y, Ide T, Watanabe H, Tsuzuki K (1994) Preparation of isoquinolines as agrochemical antibacterials. JP Patent 06172313, Jul 25, 1994. Chem Abstr 122:132998dGoogle Scholar