Partial Experimental Isothermal Section of Al-Pd-Co Phase Diagram for Al-Rich Corner at 1020 °C
- 46 Downloads
Ten alloys with metal compositions (at.%) ranging between (61-75)Al, (7-30)Pd, and (9-22)Co were investigated after annealing at 1020 °C for 500 h. In the investigation, both scanning electron microscopy including energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy and x-ray diffraction were used. Various combinations of phases F, εn (shortcut for ε-family), U, V, Z-Al3Co, Al5Co2, δ, and β were identified in studied alloys. Partial experimental isothermal section of the Al-Pd-Co phase diagram for Al-rich corner at 1020 °C was proposed, containing homogeneity ranges of eight solid phases (F, εn, U, V, Z-Al3Co, Al5Co2, δ, and β) and liquid.
Keywordsexperimental study isothermal section metallic alloys ternary phase diagram
The authors wish to thank the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for financial support of the project ITMS:26220120048 “Center for Development and Application of Advanced Diagnostic Methods in Processing of Metallic and Non-metallic Materials” funded within the Research & Development Operational Programme, the Grant Agency VEGA for the financial support under the contracts 1/0018/15, and the Slovak Research and Development Agency for the financial support under the contract APVV-15-0049.
- 1.J.M. Dubois, Quasicrystals, J. Phys., 2001, 13, p 7753-7762Google Scholar
- 2.J.M. Dubois, in Basics of Thermodynamics and Phase Transitions in Complex Intermetallics, Book Series on Complex Metallic Alloys, ed. by E. Belin-Ferré, World Scientific, Singapore (2008)Google Scholar
- 20.I. Černičková, L. Roščák, F. Ali, M. Kusý, S. Scudino, R. Čička, M. Drienovský, P. Priputen, and J. Janovec, Influence of Technological Parameters on Evolution of Phases in Al-CMA Composites Prepared by Powder Metallurgy, Kovove Mater.-Metallic Mater., 2012, 50, p 327-334Google Scholar
- 25.I. Černičková, R. Čička, P. Švec, D. Janičkovič, P. Priputen, and J. Janovec, A Study of Phase Equilibria in the Al-Pd-Co System at 700 °C, Aperiodic Crystals (Cairns), S. Schmid, Ed., Springer, Berlin, 2013, p 133-139 Google Scholar
- 31.I. Černicková, L. Ďuriška, M. Drienovský, D. Janičkovič, and J. Janovec, Phase Transitions in Selected Al-Pd-Co Alloys During Continuous Cooling, Kovove Mater.- Metallic Mater, 2017, 55, p 403-411Google Scholar