Effect of Concentration of Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes (SWCNTs) in a SWCNTs/ZnO Nanorods Channel-Based Thin-Film Transistor
- 1 Downloads
Fabrication of three thin-film transistor devices by deposition of single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) thin film over hydrothermally grown nanorods of zinc oxide (ZnO) on silicon dioxide (SiO2) layered n-type silicon is reported. In this architecture, SWCNTs/ZnO nanorods were used for the channel layer. The silicon dioxide deposited over silicon substrate was used as a dielectric. Three devices were prepared by varying the concentration of carbon nanotubes to investigate the effect on electrical properties of prepared thin-film transistors. XRD and EDX analysis was performed for the study of structural and elemental properties. Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) was used to examine the surface morphology of SWCNTs/ZnO nanorods. Transfer and output characteristics were studied using a Keithley SourceMeter. I–V analysis revealed that an increase in the concentration of carbon nanotubes increased the mobility values and Ion/Ioff, but the threshold voltage was decreased.
KeywordsCarbon nanotubes thin-film transistors ZnO nanorods nano-composites channel layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.K. Zhu, Y. Wu, and M. Zhang, in Proceedings of the 15 th IEEE International Conference on Nanotechnology, 2015, p 897–900.Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Wu, X. Lin, and M.J. Zhang, Nanomater 2013, 64 (2013).Google Scholar
- 9.Y.K. Park, W.Y. Rho, T. Mahmoudi, and Y.B. Hanhn, Chem. Commun. 50, 1050 (2014).Google Scholar
- 14.B. Chen, P. Zhang, L. Ding, J. Han, S. Qiu, Q. Li, Z. Zhang, and L.M. Peng, Nano Lett. 16, 5301 (2016).Google Scholar
- 28.Y. Wu, M. Zhang, X. Xiao, and S. Zhang, in 2014 IEEE International Conference on Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits, 2014, p 1–2.Google Scholar