Measurement of Electrical Properties of Sn-Bi-In Alloys
- 16 Downloads
The electrical properties of Sn-Bi-In ternary alloys were measured using the four-point probe method along three cross sections of the phase diagram (ratio of tin to bismuth 2:1, 1:1 and 1:2). The current–voltage relationship was measured for all the alloys from 38°C to 90°C. The variation of electrical resistivity with temperature was studied for all the ternary alloys and Pb-Sn binary alloys using the four-point probe method. The resistivity of ternary alloys was compared with Pb-Sn binary alloys. The resistivity of a few of the ternary alloys, 7Sn-3Bi-90In, 5Sn- 5Bi-90In and 3Sn-7Bi-90In, were close to the values of Pb-Sn alloys.
KeywordsElectrical property resistivity Sn-Bi-In lead-free system voltage effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.T.P. Vianco, Proceesdings of the Technical Program on Surface Mount (San Jose, CA: International, 1993).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Kamal and E.S. Gauda, Mater. Manufact. Proc. 21, 736 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Salimin Bin Jahari (Ph.D. thesis, Universiti Sains, Malaysia, 2008).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Kamal, M. Meikhail, A.E. Bediwi, and E. Gouda, Radiat. Eff. Defect. Solids 160, 7 (2005).Google Scholar
- 13.E. Gouda and M. Kamal, Lamb. Acade. Publishing Book (2012).Google Scholar
- 14.E. Gouda and H. Abdel Aziz, Mater. Sci. Eng., B 6, 2 (2012).Google Scholar
- 15.E. Gouda, A. Mahasi, K. Hadadi, and A. Faqeeh, Int. J. Phys. Astron. 2, 2 (2014).Google Scholar
- 16.R.M. Shalaby, Int. J. Phys. Res. 3, 1 (2013).Google Scholar
- 18.E. Goudal, A. Mahasi, K. Hadadi, and A. Faqeeh, Int. J. Phys. Astron. 2, 123 (2014).Google Scholar
- 19.D. Gray, American Institute of Physics Hand Book (New York: McGraw Hill, 1957).Google Scholar
- 25.R. Fogclholm, O. Rapp, and G. Grimvall, Am. Phys. Soc. 23, 3845 (1980).Google Scholar