Enhanced Performance of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Using Perovskite/DSSCs Tandem Design
- 14 Downloads
Tandem solar cells were developed for improved efficiency in connection with perovskite solar cells and dye-sensitized solar cells. The organic dye based on thioindigo and N719 were applied in fabricating dye-sensitized solar cells as photosensitizers. We achieved an 8.77% and 10.54% efficiency tandem solar cell formed by a top perovskite solar cell and dye-sensitized solar cells based on organic dye and N719 for the bottom cell, respectively. The photovoltage of tandem solar cells was reported about 1.1 V, but the photocurrent was limited by the dye-sensitized solar cells and was about 12.8 mAcm−2.
KeywordsDye-sensitized solar cells perovskite new configuration efficiency organic dye
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors sincerely thank the Iran National Science Foundation: INSF for making this investigation possible.
- 7.M. Chawla and P. Tripathi, Int. J. Energy Res. 39, 1579 (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Movahedi, M. Hosseinnezhad, H. Haratizadeh, and N. Falah, Prog. Color Colorants Coat. 19, 33 (2019).Google Scholar
- 18.D.D. Pratiwi, F. Nurosyid, A. Surpriyanto, and R. Suryana, Mater. Sci. Eng. 176, 120 (2017).Google Scholar
- 22.M. Hosseinnezhad, S. Moradian, and K. Gharasnjig, Prog. Color Colorants Coat. 9, 61 (2016).Google Scholar
- 25.M. Josta, S. Albrecht, B. Lipovsek, J. Krc, L. Korte, B. Rech, and M. Topica, Opt. Express 102, 43 (2016).Google Scholar
- 33.N.N. Lal, Y. Dkhissi, W. Li, Q. Hou, Y. Cheng, and U. Bach, Adv. Energy Mater. 160, 2761 (2017).Google Scholar
- 40.M. Hosseinnezhad and H. Shaki, Prog. Color Colorants Coat. 11, 253 (2018).Google Scholar