PZT Based Piezoelectric Sensor for Structural Monitoring
- 80 Downloads
Previous research experience shows that the PZT piezoelectric ceramics have good sensing effect, and it can be used for structural health monitoring of civil structures. Most of the studies focus on the change of signal results in the process of monitoring, but less on the selection of PZT materials. Based on the discussion of the relationship between material properties and structural vibration frequency, the phase structure, morphology, impedance characteristics and temperature characteristics of PZT-5H were determined by experiments using PZT-5H as the object of study. The results show that PZT-5H piezoelectric material has excellent piezoelectric properties, is not easy to damage, has high piezoelectric frequency and good temperature stability. Therefore, it has a good potential to be applied to microdamage monitoring of civil engineering structures.
KeywordsSensor PZT-5H structural health monitoring impedance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This research was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51478384/51678479/51808424).
- 1.R. Theissmann, L.A. Schmitt, J. Kling, R. Schierholz, K.A. Schönau, and H. Fuess, J. Appl. Phys. 102, 237 (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.Prateek, V.K. Thakur, and R.K. Gupta, Obes. Surg. 116, 4260 (2016).Google Scholar
- 4.M.C. Scutaru, N. Ţăranu, C.C. Comisu, and D. Ungureanu, Bul. Inst. Polit. Iasi. 63, 67 (2017).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Zhang and F. Yu, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 94, 10 (2011).Google Scholar
- 11.I.V. Lisnevskaya, T. Lupeiko, and K. Myagkaya, J. Compos. Mater. 51, 4 (2016).Google Scholar
- 12.G. Park, H.H. Cudney, and D.J. Inman, Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn. 30, 10 (2010).Google Scholar
- 13.C.E. Chaliorisa, C.G. Karayannisa, and G.M. Angelia, Case Stud. Constr. Mater. 5, 2 (2016).Google Scholar
- 14.IEEE Standards Board, Am. Natl. Stand. IEEE Stand. Piezoelectr. 10, 176 (1987).Google Scholar
- 16.C.P. Providakis, C.G. Karayannis, C.E. Chalioris, M.J. Favvata, G.M. Angeli, and N.A. Papadopoulos, Sch. J. Eng. Technol. 3, 80 (2015).Google Scholar
- 27.Dongfang Jinrong Ultrasonic Electrical Appliance Co., Ltd. http://www.siansonic.com/.