In Situ Observation of Crystallization in CaO-Fe2O3 System with Different Cooling Rates and Chemical Compositions Using Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope
The crystallization behaviors of the CaO-Fe2O3 system in the nonequilibrium state with different chemical compositions and cooling rates were investigated. In addition, the CCT and nonequilibrium phase diagram of CaO-Fe2O3 system were derived at various cooling rates. As the cooling rate increased, the nonequilibrium state of the CaO-Fe2O3 system moved in a left-downward direction as a whole. In addition, the Darken’s excess stability function was introduced in order to understanding the change of phase diagram phenomena.
Sinter ore is one of the main charge materials in Blast Furnace operation (BF). The productivity of BF is governed by the qualities of sinter ore such as reducibility and mechanical strength. As the properties of sinter ore mainly depend on mineralogy, understanding the mineralogical characteristics of sinter ore is necessary to design the optimal microstructure, especially that of Silico-Ferrite of Calcium and Aluminum (SFCA). However, owing to the complexity of the...
- 2.T. Mukherjee and J.A. Whiteman: Ironmaking Steelmaking, 1985, vol. 12, pp. 151–55.Google Scholar
- 3.P.R. Dawson, J. Ostwald and K.M. Hayes: Trans. Inst. Min. Metall., 1985, vol. 94, pp. C71–78.Google Scholar
- 4.G.O. Egundebi and J.A. Whiteman: Ironmaking Steelmaking, 1989, vol. 16, pp. 379–385.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Kitamura, F. Shigemori, Y. Hatakeyama, T. Kawaguchi and K. Takata: AIME Ironmaking Proc., 1985, vol. 44, pp. 405–414.Google Scholar
- 8.N.J. Bristow and A.G Waters (1991): Trans. Inst. Min. Metall., 100, 1–10.Google Scholar
- 10.C.E. Loo, K.T. Wan and V.R. Howes: Ironmaking Steelmaking., 1988, vol. 15, pp. 279–285.Google Scholar
- 15.J.O. Edstrom: Jernkontorets Ann., 1956, vol. 140, pp. 101–115.Google Scholar
- 19.L.S. Darken: TMS-AIME., 1967, vol. 239, pp. 80–90.Google Scholar