Influence of Structure and Mineral Association of Tuyere-Level Coke on Gasification Process
- 152 Downloads
The gasification properties of feed coke and tuyere coke were investigated by non-isothermal thermogravimetric method under CO2 atmosphere. The physical and chemical structure features were also systematically tested, as well as the mineral composition. The pore characteristics, graphitization degree of carbon matrix, and ash content were the main factors determining the reactivity of coke. Higher Lc decreases the reactivity of tuyere coke in low temperature, while larger porosity increases the reactivity in high temperature, forming an intersection with the gasification process of the feed coke. The high content of Fe2O3 in 25 to 20 mm tuyere coke made a rapid gasification reaction. The SiC produced in the tuyere area increased the porosity of coke especially the 5 to 1 mm coke at the edge of BF, which promoted the gasification process of coke in the area.
The authors acknowledge the support of the Chinese Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (FRF-TP-17-086A1), the National Science Foundation of China (51774032), and the National Key Research and Development Program of China (2017YFB0304300 & 2017YFB0304303).
- 1.WSA: World Steel Statistics 2017, Belgium, 2017.Google Scholar
- 2.IEA: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Paris, 2017.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Sun, X. Ning, J. Zhang, K. Li, G. Wang and H. Wang: China Metallurgy, 2018, vol. 28, pp. 1-8.Google Scholar
- 8.Z. Ye: University of New South Wales, Ph.D., 2013, p. 67.Google Scholar
- 10.S. K. Gupta, V. Sahajwalla, N. Saha-Chaudhury, J. Burgo, P. Chaubal and T. Youmans: Iron.Steel.Technol, 2005, vol. 2, pp. 165-176.Google Scholar
- 11.S. Gupta, V. Sahajwalla, N. Saha-Chaudhury, J. Burgo and P. Chaubal: Iron.Steel.Technol, 2004, vol. 8, pp. 165-176.Google Scholar
- 17.T. Hilding, J. Wikiström, U. Jahnsen and O. Kerkkonen: The 5th European Coke and Ironmaking Congress, 2005, pp. 1–14.Google Scholar
- 26.M. Lundgren, L. Ökvist, G. Hyllander, B. Jansson and B. Biörkman: 4th International Conference on Process Development in Iron and Steelmaking, 2012, pp. 157–68.Google Scholar
- 29.A. Klimczyk, R. Stachura, M. Bernasowski: J.Ach.Mater.Manuf.Eng, 2012, vol. 55, pp. 712-715.Google Scholar
- 30.J. Gustavsson: Ph.D. Thesis, Royal Institute of Technology, 2004, pp. 8–9.Google Scholar