In Situ Observation of the Nucleation and Growth of Ferrite Laths in the Heat-Affected Zone of EH36-Mg Shipbuilding Steel Subjected to Different Heat Inputs
- 71 Downloads
The nucleation and growth behaviors of ferrite laths in the heat-affected zone (HAZ) of EH36-Mg shipbuilding steel with different heat inputs were observed in situ by high-temperature confocal scanning laser microscope (CSLM). It was found that ferrite laths prefer to nucleate on the surface of inclusions instead of grain boundaries under the heat input of 120 kJ/cm, while FSPs are easier to form in 210 kJ/cm due to a significantly reduced cooling rate.
The authors are grateful to the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 51622401 and 51628402), Newton Advanced Fellowship by the joint Fund of Royal Society in the UK and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. RP12G0414 and 51861130361), National Key Research and Development Program of China (Grant No. 2016YFB0300602), and Global Talents Recruitment Program endowed by the Chinese Government for their financial support. We also thank the Key Laboratory of Nuclear Materials and Safety Assessment, Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Grant No. 2015KF04), and State Key Laboratory of Advanced Welding and Joining, Harbin Institute of Technology (Grant No. AWJ-16-Z04).
- 1.A. Kojima, K. Yoshii, T. Hada, O. Saeki, K. Ichikawa, Y. Yoshida, Y. Shimura, and K. Azuma: Nippon Steel Tech. Rep., 2004, pp. 33–37.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Minagawa, K. Ishida, Y. Funatsu, and S. Imai: Nippon Steel Tech. Rep., 2004, pp. 6–8.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Kojima, A. Kiyose, R. Uemori, M. Minagawa, M. Hoshino, T. Nakashima, K. Ishida, and H. Yasui: Nippon Steel Tech. Rep., 2004, pp. 2–5.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Suzuki, K. Ichimiya, and T. Akita: JFE Tech. Rep., 2005, vol. 5, pp. 24–29.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Ogibayashi: Nippon Steel Tech. Rep., 1994, pp. 70–76.Google Scholar
- 17.G. Mao, R. Cao, X. Guo, Y. Jiang, and J. Chen: Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2017, vol. 48A, pp. 1–16.Google Scholar