Description of a New Tundish Model for Treating RTD Data and Discussion of the Communication “New Insight into Combined Model and Revised Model for RTD Curves in a Multi-strand Tundish” by Lei
- 82 Downloads
A new tundish model was proposed for analyzing data of the residence time distributions. It was based on an approximated analytical solution for the model of Sahai and Ahuja, which is described elsewhere. Subsequently, it was applied along with some analytical results for well-mixed tanks in a comprehensive discussion of Lei’s work. This discussion contributed to a better understanding of the RTD theory applied to the analysis of fluid flow in continuous casting tundishes.
The financial support of FAPEMIG, Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Minas Gerais, Brazil, in the form of a research Grant to R. Tavares, Process No. PPM-00118-13, is gratefully acknowledged. The authors also acknowledge the financial support of CAPES/PROEX to the graduate program. The doctoral scholarship, No. 1487157, from CAPES to B. Braga is acknowledged.
- 1.Y. Sahai and R. Ahuja: Ironmaking Steelmaking, 1986, vol. 13, pp. 241-7.Google Scholar
- 6.GAMMA function. (Office Support, 2015), https://support.office.com/en-us/article/GAMMA-function-ce1702b1-cf55-471d-8307-f83be0fc5297. Accessed 13 Sept 2017.
- 7.W.E. Boyce, R.C. Diprima and D.B. Meade: Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems, 11th ed., Wiley, Hoboken, NY, 2017, pp. 24-31.Google Scholar
- 8.GAMMA.DIST function. (Office Support, 2015), https://support.office.com/en-us/article/GAMMA-DIST-function-9b6f1538-d11c-4d5f-8966-21f6a2201def. Accessed 13 Sept 2017.
- 9.O. Levenspiel: Chemical Reaction Engineering, 3rd ed., Wiley, New York, NY, 1998, pp. 257-349.Google Scholar
- 10.D.C. Montgomery, E.A. Peck and G.G. Vining: Introduction to Linear Regression Analysis, 3rd ed., Wiley, New York, NY, 2001, pp. 414-20.Google Scholar
- 11.Define and solve a problem by using Solver. (Office Support, 2015), https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Define-and-solve-a-problem-by-using-Solver-5d1a388f-079d-43ac-a7eb-f63e45925040. Accessed 13 Sept 2017.
- 12.A.F.G. Mendonça: Masters Dissertation, UFMG, Brazil, 2016.Google Scholar
- 13.C.A. da Silva: UFOP, Ouro Preto, Brazil, private communication, 2016.Google Scholar
- 14.H.S. Fogler and M.N. Gürmen: R13.1 Fitting the tail of C(t)/E(t). (University of Michigan, 2008), http://umich.edu/~elements/13chap/html/CD-Ch13-FittingTheTail.pdf. Accessed 15 Sept 2017.
- 16.H.S. Fogler: Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering, 4th ed., Prentice Hall PTR, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2005, pp. 979-87.Google Scholar