High-Cycle Fatigue Behavior of High-Mn Steel/304L Stainless Steel Welds at Room and Cryogenic Temperatures
- 202 Downloads
The high-cycle fatigue (HCF) behavior of dissimilar metal welds between high-Mn (HM) steel and 304L stainless steel was investigated at 298 K and 110 K. The resistance to HCF of the 25Mn/304L weld joint was comparable to that of a 304L/304L weld, even at 110 K. The HCF behavior of the dissimilar metal joints between HM steel and 304L could be reasonably predicted by the ultimate tensile strength at both room and cryogenic temperatures, as with the base metal. The failure locations and micro-hardness studies suggested that both geometrical and metallurgical factors were important in determining the HCF behavior of 25Mn/304L weld joints.
This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea government (MSIT) (NRF-2017R1C1B5018001). This work was also supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea government (MSIP) (2018R1A5A6075959), and the Industrial Strategic Technology Development Program (10062514, Development of High pressure Diverter for control offshore oil well) funded By the Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy (MI, Korea).
- 19.19. D.Y. Ryoo, S.C. Lee, Y.D. Lee, and J.Y. Kang: J. Korean Inst. Met. Mater., 2001, vol. 39, pp. 1381-91.Google Scholar
- 26.26. J. Ishimaru, K. Kawabata, H. Morita, H. Ikkai, and Y. Suetake: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Technical Review, 2004, vol. 41, pp. 1-7.Google Scholar
- 28.28. E. Mazancová and K. Mazanec: Materials Engineering, 2009, vol. 16, pp. 26-31.Google Scholar
- 31.31. G.V. Voort: Metallography: principles and practice. McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, 1999.Google Scholar
- 32.ASTM E112-13: Standard Test Methods for Determining Average Grain Size, Annual Book of ASTM Standards, vol. 03.01, 2013.Google Scholar
- 33.ASTM E8/E8M-16a: Standard Test Methods for Tension Testing of Metallic Materials, Annual Book of ASTM Standards, vol. 03.01, 2016.Google Scholar
- 34.ASTM E466-15: Standard Practice for Conduction Force Controlled Constant Amplitude Axial Fatigue Test of Metallic Materials, Annual Book of ASTM standards, vol. 03.01, 2015.Google Scholar