Multi-source Remote Sensing Image Registration Based on Contourlet Transform and Multiple Feature Fusion
- 28 Downloads
Image registration is an indispensable component in multi-source remote sensing image processing. In this paper, we put forward a remote sensing image registration method by including an improved multi-scale and multi-direction Harris algorithm and a novel compound feature. Multi-scale circle Gaussian combined invariant moments and multi-direction gray level co-occurrence matrix are extracted as features for image matching. The proposed algorithm is evaluated on numerous multi-source remote sensor images with noise and illumination changes. Extensive experimental studies prove that our proposed method is capable of receiving stable and even distribution of key points as well as obtaining robust and accurate correspondence matches. It is a promising scheme in multi-source remote sensing image registration.
KeywordsFeature fusion multi-scale circle Gaussian combined invariant moment multi-direction gray level co-occurrence matrix multi-source remote sensing image registration contourlet transform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by National Nature Science Foundation of China (Nos. 61462046 and 61762052), Natural Science Foundation of Jiangxi Province (Nos. 20161BAB202049 and 20161BAB204172), the Bidding Project of the Key Laboratory of Watershed Ecology and Geographical Environment Monitoring, NASG (Nos. WE2016003, WE2016013 and WE2016015), the Science and Technology Research Projects of Jiangxi Province Education Department (Nos. GJJ160741, GJJ170632 and GJJ170633), the Art Planning Project of Jiangxi Province (Nos. YG2016250 and YG2017381).
- P. Z. Zhang, M. G. Gong, L. Z. Su, J. Liu, Z. Z. Li. Change detection based on deep feature representation and mapping transformation for multi-spatial-resolution remote sensing images. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, vol. 116, pp. 24–41, 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.isprsjprs.2016.02.013.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Q. L. Li, S. W. Qi, Y. Y. Shen, D. Ni, H. S. Zhang, T. F. Wang. Multispectral image alignment with nonlinear scale-invariant keypoint and enhanced local feature matrix. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 1151–1155, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/LGRS.2015. 2412955.Google Scholar
- Y. Wu, M. G. Gong, J. Jia, W. P. Ma. Remote sensing image registration with spatial restraint based on moment invariants and fast generalized fuzzy clustering. In Proceedings of Conference on Technologies and Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Tainan, China, pp. 97–104, 2016. DOI: 10.1109/TAAI.2015.7407062.Google Scholar
- Q. Q. Lu, J. X. Pu, Z. H. Liu. Feature extraction and automatic material classification of underground objects from ground penetrating radar data. Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 2014, no. 28, Article number 28, 2014. DOI: 10.1155/2014/347307.Google Scholar
- A. Srivastava, V. Bhateja, A. Moin. Combination of PCA and contourlets for multispectral image fusion. In Proceedings of International Conference on Data Engineering and Communication Technology, Springer, Singapore, pp. 577–585, 2016. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-1678-3.Google Scholar
- L. Liu, Z. H. Jia, N. Kasabov. A remote sensing image enhancement method using mean filter and unsharp masking in non-subsampled contourlet transform domain. Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 183–193, 2017. DOI: 10.1177/0142331215 604210.CrossRefGoogle Scholar