Sliding Mode Guidance Law Considering Missile Dynamic Characteristics and Impact Angle Constraints
- 94 Downloads
In order to improve the precision of guidance for the missile intercepting maneuvering targets, this paper proposes a sliding mode guidance law with impact angle constraints based on the equation of the relative motion of the missile and the target in a 2D plane. Two finite-time convergent guidance laws are proposed based on the nonsingular terminal sliding mode, while, two exponential convergent guidance laws involving dynamic delay are developed through applying the higher-order nonsingular terminal sliding mode. The simulations denote that, in all the four scenarios of the target’s maneuvering, the guidance laws are able to inhibit the chattering phenomenon of the sliding modes effectively; and from an expected aspect angle, the missiles could attack the targets with high precision and fast speed.
KeywordsAutopilot impact angle nonsingular terminal sliding mode finite-time convergent guidance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Cai, Z. D. Hu, Y. Cao. A survey of guidance law with terminal impact angle constraints. Journal of Astronautics, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 315–323, 2010. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- S. Sun, H. M. Zhang, D. Zhou. Sliding mode guidance law with autopilot lag for terminal angle constrained trajectories. Journal of Astronautics, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 69–78, 2013. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- W. B. Gao. The Theory and Design Methods of Variable Structure Control, Beijing, China: Science Press, 1996. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- H. X. Zhang, J. S. Fan, F. Meng. A new double power reaching law for sliding mode control. Control and Decision, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 289–293, 2013. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- S. Sun, D. Zhou. Three-dimensional nonlinear guidance law with consideration of autopilot dynamics. Journal of Astronautics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 1052–1056, 2005. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- P. P. Qu, D. Zhou. Three-dimensional guidance law accounting for second-order dynamics of missile autopilot. Acta Aeronautica et Astronautica Sinica, vol. 32, no. 11, pp. 2096–2105, 2011. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- K. M. Ma, F. H. He, Y. Yao. Estimation of target maneuver acceleration and guidance law implementation in homing terminal guidance. Journal of Astronautics, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 2213–2219, 2009. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Y. G. Hong, D. Z. Cheng. Analysis and Control of Nonlinear Systems, Beijing, China: Science Press. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- S. Sun. Guidance laws with finite time convergence for homing missiles, Ph. D. dissertation, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2010. (in Chinese)Google Scholar