Design and Analysis of a Single-Stage Transonic Centrifugal Turbine for organic Rankine cycle (ORC)
- 34 Downloads
The recovery of low temperature heat sources is a hot topic in the world. The ORC system can effectively use the low temperature heat source. As its main output device, the performance of the turbine is very important. The single stage transonic turbine has the characteristics of small size and large output power. In this paper, the complete design process of a transonic centrifugal turbine with R245fa in low working temperature condition is introduced. At the design conditions, the shaft power and the wheel efficiency of the centrifugal turbine can reach 1.12 MW and 83.61%, respectively. In addition, a thermodynamic ORC cycle is presented and the off-design conditions of the turbine and its influence on the system are studied in detail. The results obtained in the present work show that the single-stage transonic centrifugal turbine can be regarded as a potential choice to be applied in small scale ORC systems.
KeywordsORC transonic centrifugal turbine design and off-design operating conditions performance analysis computational fluid dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51536006) and supported by Shanghai Science and Technology Committee with Grant No.17060502300.
- Li Y., Lian H.K., Gu C.W., Design and study of organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) and turbine for ORC. Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, 2010, 31(12): 2014–2018.Google Scholar
- Bo Z.M., Performance analysis of radial turbine for organic Rankine cycle power system. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, 2014.Google Scholar
- Spadacini C., Centemeri L., Xodo L., et al., A new configuration for Organic Rankine Cycles power systems. International Seminar on ORC Power Systems (ORC 2011), Delft, Netherlands, September. 2011, pp.: 22–23.Google Scholar
- Spadacini C., Frassinetti M., Hinde A., et al., The first geothermal organic radial outflow turbines. Proceedings of the World Geothermal Congress. 2015.Google Scholar
- Spadacini C., Centemeri L., Danieli M., et al., Geothermal energy exploitation with the organic radial outflow turbine. Proceedings world geothermal congress. Melbourne, Australia. 2015.Google Scholar
- Yang S.M., Tao W.Q., Heat transfer. Higher Education Press, Beijing, 2006.Google Scholar
- Liu J., Chen J.P., Qi Z.G., Low temperature thermodynamic analysis of organic Rankine cycle. Journal of Chemical Industry and Engineering, 2010, 61(S2): 9–14.Google Scholar
- Tan X., Guo H.J., Huang D.G., et al., Design of centrifugal turbine blade type based on NURBS curve. Thermal Power Engineering, 2017, 32(3): 47–53.Google Scholar