Influence of Biomass Co-combustion on Heating Surfaces Thermal Efficiency
- 27 Downloads
Pulverized coal-fired (PCF) boilers were first and foremost intended to fire pulverized hard or brown coal. However, biomass co-firing has become a fairly common practice in the Polish power generation system and many existing boilers have been modernized to serve this purpose. This paper presents calculations of the coefficient of thermal efficiency of the boiler heating surfaces and of the time needed for complete reconstruction of deposits on the second-stage steam reheater (RHII) of an OP-380 boiler with the output of 380×103 kg/h. The boiler was equipped with a purpose-designed installation of direct feeding of biomass. The main co-fired fuels were wood and sunflower husk pellets. Intense formation of deposits on the steam reheater tubes and problems related to a reduction in the diameters of the tubes were identified during the power unit operation.
Keywordsbiomass co-combustion ash deposit coefficient of thermal efficiency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Taler J.. Thermal and flow processes in large steam boilers. Modelling and monitoring (in Polish), PWN, Warszawa, 2011.Google Scholar
- Trojan M.. Heat transfer in platen steam superheater with ash deposits (in Polish). Energetyka, 2011, 7(685): 419–423.Google Scholar
- Wacławiak K., Kalisz S.. Modelling of ash deposit formation on the boiler superheater tubes (in Polish), Rynek Energii, 2009, 6(85): 134–139.Google Scholar
- Pronobis M.. Modernization of power boilers (in Polish), Wydawnictwo Naukowo Techniczne, Warszawa, 2002.Google Scholar
- Grimson E.D.. Correlation and utilization of new data on flow resistance and heat transfer for cross flow of gases over tube banks, Transactions ASME, 1937, 59: 583–594.Google Scholar
- Sobota T.. Thermal and flow processes in large steam boilers. Modelling and monitoring (in Polish), PWN, Warszawa, 2011, pp. 310–320.Google Scholar
- Kuznetsov N.W., Nitor W.W., Dubovski I.E., Karasina E.S.. Thermal Calculations of Steam Boilers. Standard Method (in Russian), Energy, Moscow, 1973.Google Scholar
- Wacławiak K., Kalisz S.. Practical aspects of modelling of deposit formation from sticky ash particles at in-line superheater bundles (in Polish), Rynek Energii, 2010 6(91): 129–134.Google Scholar