Three-dimensional distributed DC/IP method for altered tectonite-type gold ore deposits exploration: a case study of the Jiaojia gold metallogenic belt, Eastern China
- 101 Downloads
To develop an effective method to identify ore-controlling faults, we studied the Jiaojia gold metallogenic belt, a most typical altered tectonite-type gold metallogenic belt in the Jiaodong Peninsula, China, and conducted experiments using the 3D distributed direct current-induced polarization (DC/IP) method. Firstly, we tested the ability of using 3D distributed DC/IP method to identify altered tectonite-type gold ore deposits by 3D synthetic modelling. We then collected real data of the Sizhuang gold deposit using the 3D distributed DC/IP method. The resistivity model obtained of this region is generally consistent with the known geological setting. Moreover, to obtain the information about the southern extension of the Jiaojia gold metallogenic belt, we conducted a 3D distributed DC/IP experiment in the Shijia area in the southern segment of the Jiaojia fault. The southern extension of the Jiaojia fault and tectonic evolution of shallow magma in this region were inferred from the 3D resistivity and chargeability models. Based on all the information above, we concluded that the 3D distributed DC/IP method has the advantages of 3D observations, high spatial resolution and great detection depth and will be one of the most effective methods for detecting altered tectonite-type gold ore deposits.
Keywords3D direct current-induced polarization (DC/IP) Altered tectonite-type gold ore deposit Jiaojia gold metallogenic belt Ore-controlling fault
This work was co-supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China Fund Project (No. 41574133), the fund from the Ministry of Science and Technology of People’s Republic of China (No. 2016YFC0600109) and geological survey Project (No. 12120114053301 & No. KY201401). Hengda century (Beijing) Geophysical Technology Co., Ltd, and IRIS instruments (France) provided equipment for filed survey; general manager of Guoqing Liu, Dr. Shuai Ruan, Shuyuan Wu, Jiong Zhang, Zhiming Zhou and other engineers provided strong support in the field data acquisition; Stefano Del Ghianda (Geostudi Astier company) carried out the acquisition and inversion software guide; Shandong Geologica Survey Institute provides geological data of Sizhuang gold deposit, thanks all of them!
- Eaton P, Anderson B, Queen S, Mackenzie I, Wynn D (2010) NEWDAS-the Newmont distributed IP data acquisition system. In: 2010 SEG annual meeting. Society of Exploration Geophysicists, pp 1768–1772. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.3513184
- Francese R, Mazzarini F, Bistacchi A, Gianfranco M, Giorgio P, Nicola P, Henry R, Nigel W, Annalisa Z (2009) A structural and geophysical approach to the study of fractured aquifers in the Scansano–Magliano in Toscana Ridge, southern Tuscany, Italy. Hydrogeol J 17(5):1233–1246. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10040-009-0435-1 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Li SX, Liu CC, An YH (2007) Geology of gold deposits in Jiaodong. Geological Publishing House, Beijing, pp 1–7 (in Chinese with English abstract) Google Scholar
- Liang DC, Deng J, Yang LQ (2000) Application of ground high-precision magnetic measurement to the reconnaissance of one gold mine in eastern Shandong. Geol Prospect 36(3):67–70 (in Chinese with English abstract) Google Scholar
- Papadopoulos NG, Tsourlos P, Papazachos C, Tsokas GN, Sarris A, Kim JH (2011) An algorithm for fast 3D inversion of surface electrical resistivity tomography data: application on imaging buried antiquities. Geophys Prospect 59(3):557–575. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2478.2010.00936.x CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Song MC (2015) The main achievements and key theory and methods of deep-seated prospecting in the Jiaodong gold concentration area, Shandong Province. Geol Bull China 34(9):1758–1771 (in Chinese with English abstract) Google Scholar
- Song MC, Cui SX, Zhou ML, Yuan WH, Wei XF, Lv GX (2010) The deep oversize gold deposit in the Jiaojia field, Shandong Province and its enlightenment for the Jiaojia gold type. Acta Geol Sin 84(9):1349–1358 (in Chinese with English abstract) Google Scholar
- Song MC, Li SZ, Santoshd M, Zhao SJ, Yu S, Yi PH, Cui SX, Lv GX, Xu JX, Song YX, Zhou ML (2015) Types, characteristics and metallogenesis of gold deposits in the Jiaodong Peninsula, Eastern North China Craton. Ore Geol Rev 65:612–625. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oregeorev.2014.06.019 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Wan GP (1994) Geologic-geophysical prospecting model for the gold deposit of crush-zone-altered and rock type in Jiaodong (Eastern Shangdong). Shandong Geol 02:41–50 (in Chinese with English abstract) Google Scholar
- Zhang BL, Su YP, Zhang GL, Liang GH, Xu XW, Cai XP, Xu GJ, Li HZ (2017) Predicting method of typical ore-bearing tectonic lithofacies zones by integrated geological-geophysical information and its prospecting practice in eastern Shandong. China. Earth Sci Front 24(2):85–94. https://doi.org/10.13745/j.esf.yx.2016-12-13 (in Chinese with English abstract) Google Scholar