Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)–assisted combustion synthesis of V2O5 nanoparticles for Li-ion battery
- 33 Downloads
Nanometric orthorhombic vanadium pentoxide (V2O5) cathode has been fabricated via a facile simple and single step combustion method by the utilization of Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) tea extract fuel in order to tailor the optimized electrochemical properties. Structural and surface morphologies of V2O5 nanoparticles (NPs) are examined by XRD, Raman spectroscopy, TGA, SEM, and HRTEM. The electrochemical performance of synthesized V2O5 NPs has studied towards the lithium-ion batteries (LIBs). Various parameters like charge-discharge, cyclic voltammogram (CV) columbic efficiency, and rate capability are studied. The nanometer V2O5 particles show the reversible capacity of 222 mA h g−1 after 50 cycles. The formation of lithium intercalation compound (LiV2O5) was confirmed by ex situ XRD studies after the continuous 50 charge/discharge cycles as the proof of stability. V2O5 cathode has performed stable performance by the electrochemical analysis.
KeywordsEGCG Combustion Vanadium pentoxide Li-ion battery
This study was financially supported by the DST-SERB (Ref. No. SB/FT/CS-083/2012) and DST Nanomission (SR/NM/NS-1262(2013)), Govt. of India, New Delhi, which carried out the research work.
- 6.Yanwei L, Jinhuan Y, Evan U, Jianwen Y, Yunxia H, Ming Z, Guozhong C (2013) Leaf-like V2O5 nanosheets fabricated by a facile green approach as high energy cathode material for lithium-ion batteries. Adv Energy Mater:1–5Google Scholar
- 9.Poonam SS, Haram SS, Lawate PR, Kale LP, Patil AA, Lokhande PS (2015) Facile synthesis of vanadium pentoxide nanorod by hydrothermal route and their characterization. Int J Nano Chem 1(1):1–4Google Scholar
- 15.Alves A, Bergmann CP, Beruti F (2013) A novel synthesis and characterization of natnostructured materials. IX 85 p.38 illus Hardcover ISBN: 978-3-642-41274-5Google Scholar
- 21.An QP, Hao BW, Lei Z, Xiong WL (David) (2013) Uniform V2O5 nanosheet-assembled hollow micro flowers with excellent lithium storage properties. Energy Environ Sci 6:1476-1479.Google Scholar
- 24.Qiang S, Hongchang P, Weitao G, Guiling N, Song G, Xinglong D, Chunjing L, Junying T, Yuan L (2014) Fabrication of nanostructured V2O5 via urea combustion for high performance Li-ion battery cathode. RSC Adv:1–5Google Scholar
- 25.Alamelu KR, Reddy MV, Nithyadharseni P, Chowdari BVR, Geetha RB (2016) Gel-combustion synthesized vanadium pentoxide nanowire clusters for rechargeable lithium batteries. J Alloys Compd S0925-8388:33263–33267Google Scholar