Ni and F co-modification to enhance the electrochemical properties of Li4Ti5O12 anode materials for lithium-ion batteries
- 10 Downloads
As a negative electrode material, the main drawbacks of Li4Ti5O12 (LTO) are its low electric conductivity and poor Li-ion diffusion coefficient. Fortunately, elements modification to address these problems is an effective method. Herein, we firstly report Ni and F co-modified LTO material which is synthesized via a solid-state reaction. Powder X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy were conducted to investigate the structure and morphology. Afterwards, we surprisingly find that Ni and F co-modification can reduce the overall charge transfer resistance of LTO for part of Ti4+ converts into Ti3+ and Ni2+ ions supply the charge carriers. When test in battery, a superior discharge capacity of 236.1 mAh g−1 at 0.036 A g−1 is obtained, much higher than that of pristine LTO (196.9 mAh g−1). Furthermore, it still retains a discharge capacity of 174.6 mAh g−1 after 200 cycles at 0.18 A g−1 and exhibits an excellent rate performance.
KeywordsLi4Ti5O12 Ni and F co-modification Electronic conductivity Rate performance
The research was financially supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (No.2016YFB0300801), Major Research Equipment Development Projects of National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51327902).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Li Y, Li X, Geng D et al (2013) Carbon black cathodes for lithium oxygen batteries: Influence of porosity and heteroatom-doping [J]. Carbon 64(Complete):70–177Google Scholar
- 2.Bo H, Jiang L, Xue H et al (2014) Characterization of nano-lead-doped active carbon and its application in lead-acid battery[J]. J Power Sources 270(3):332–341Google Scholar
- 43.Zhen Z, Xu Y, Ji M et al (2013) Synthesis and electrochemical performance of F-doped Li4Ti5O12 for lithium-ion batteries[J]. Electrochim Acta 109(43):645–650Google Scholar
- 44.Wei A, Li W, Zhang L et al Effect of Zn2+ and F− co-modification on the structure and electrochemical performance of Li4Ti5O12 anode material [J]. Nano 12(05):1750054Google Scholar
- 48.Liu D , Ouyang C , Shu J , et al. Theoretical study of cation doping effect on the electronic conductivity of Li4Ti5O12 [J]. Phys Status Solidi (b), 2006, 243(8):7Google Scholar