One-pot synthesis of Ag-decorated pomegranate seed-like Fe3O4 composite for high-performance lithium-ion battery
- 57 Downloads
The combination of high-capacity and long-term cyclability has always been regarded as the first priority for next-generation anode material for lithium-ion batteries (LIBs). To meet these requirements, in this work, the Ag-decorated pomegranate seed-like Fe3O4 anode was synthesized through a facile one-pot solvothermal method, without intervening of inert gas or any additional surfactants. The Ag nanocrystals uniformly decorated on the pomegranate seed-like Fe3O4 nanograins could significantly improve the rate capability and contribute to long-term cyclability. When used as anode for LIBs, the Ag-decorated Fe3O4 anode exhibited excellent cycling stability after 150 cycles with a high capacity of 550 mA h gcomposite−1 calculated on the composite at a current density of 0.5 C, corresponding to 696 mA h g−1 on the basis of Fe3O4. Furthermore, even at a very high current density of 2.0 C, the discharge-specific capacity remained as high as 390 mA h gcomposite−1.
KeywordsSilver Fe3O4 nanocrystal Nanocomposite Anode Lithium-ion batteries
The manuscript was written through contributions of all authors. All authors have given approval to the final version of the manuscript.
This work was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21503033), the Doctoral Scientific Research Foundation of Liaoning Province (201501178), and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (N172504029).
Compliance with ethical standards
The authors declare that they have no competing interest.
- 7.Pasta M, Wessells CD, Huggins RA, Cui YA (2012) High-rate and long cycle life aqueous electrolyte battery for grid-scale. Energy Storage Nat Commun 3:1149Google Scholar
- 10.Hu RZ, Ouyang YP, Liang T, Tang X, Yuan B, Liu J, Zhang L, Yang LC, Zhu M (2017) Inhibiting grain coarsening and inducing oxygen vacancies: the roles of Mn in achieving a highly reversible conversion reaction and a long life SnO2-Mn-graphite ternary anode. Energy Environ Sci 10:2017–2029CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Hernandez CR, Etiemble A, Douillard T, Mazouzi D, Karkar Z, Maire E, Guyomard D, Lestriez B, Roué LA (2017) Facile and very effective method to enhance the mechanical strength and the cyclability of Si-based electrodes for Li-ion batteries. Adv Energy Mater 7:1701787Google Scholar
- 25.Wang YS, Li YY, Qiu Z,P, Wu XZ, Zhou P F, Zhou T, Zhao JP, Miao ZC, Zhou J, Zhuo SP (2018) Fe3O4@Ti3C2 hybrids with ultrahigh volumetric capacity as an anode material for lithium-ion batteries. J Mater Chem A 6: 11189-11197Google Scholar
- 36.Sun Y, Tian Y, He M, Zhao Q, Chen C, Hu C, Liu Y (2012) Controlled synthesis of Fe3O4/Ag core-shell composite nanoparticles with high electrical conductivity. J Electron Mater 41:520–523Google Scholar