Nitrogen, phosphorus co-doped mesoporous carbon materials as efficient catalysts for oxygen reduction reaction
- 95 Downloads
Carbon, phosphorus or nitrogen-doped carbon and nitrogen, and phosphorus co-doped carbon materials were successfully synthesized. The scanning electron microscopy and transmission electron microscope indicated that the samples exhibited three-dimensional layered structure. While the X-ray diffraction and Raman results suggested that the samples were typical carbon materials with high purity, besides, the nitrogen adsorption-desorption isotherm results showed that the nitrogen, phosphorus co-doped carbon material had the highest specific surface area of 2346.2 m2 g−1 with uniform mesoporous (3.8 nm) and considerable pore volume (0.69 cm3 g−1). The cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical impedance spectra, liner sweep voltammetry, and chronoamperometry were tested in oxygen-saturated 0.1 M KOH solution. The electrochemical tests suggested that the nitrogen, phosphorus co-doped carbon material had a positive onset potential (0.92 V), half-wave potential (0.81 V), low resistance (73 Ω), and low Tafel slope (70 mV/decade) at low current region. More importantly, the oxygen reduction reaction was a 4-electron pathway with excellent methanol tolerance.
KeywordsCarbon material Co-doped High specific surface area Mesoporous Oxygen reduction reaction
Financial support was provided by the Education Department of Hubei province (D20171001).
- 2.Zhang BW, Wang YX, Chou SL, Liu HK, Dou SX (2019) Fabrication of superior single-atom catalysts toward diverse electrochemical reactions. Small Methods:1800497Google Scholar
- 6.Zhong BW, Zhang ZC, Liao HG, Gong Y, Gu L, Gu XM, You LX, Liu S, Huang L, Tian XC, Huang R, Zhu FC, Liu T, Jiang YX, Zhou ZY, Sun SG (2016) Tuning Pt-skin to Ni-rich surface of Pt3Ni catalysts supported on porous carbon for enhanced oxygen reduction reaction and formic electro-oxidation. Nano Energy 19:198–209CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.Liu MX, Ma XM, Gan LH, Xu ZJ, Zhu DZ, Chen LW (2014) A facile synthesis of a novel mesoporous Ge@C sphere anode with stable and high capacity for lithium ion batteries. J Mater Chem A 21:7107–17114Google Scholar
- 23.Zhu TT, Zhou J, Li ZH, Li SH, Si WJ, Zhuo SP (2015) Preparation and supercapacitive performance of N, S co-doped activated carbon materials. Acta Phys -Chim Sin 31:676–684Google Scholar
- 25.Xue YH, Yu DS, Dai LM, Wang RG, Li DQ, Roy A, Lu F, Chen H, Liu Y, Qu J (2013) Three-dimensional B,N-doped graphene foam as a metal-free catalyst for oxygen reduction reaction. PhysChem Chem Phys 15:12220Google Scholar
- 29.Wu J, Yang SW, Li JP, Yang YC, Wang G, Bu XM, He P, Sun J, Yang JH, Deng Y, Ding GQ, Xie XM (2016) Electron injection of phosphorus doped g-C3N4 quantum dots: controllable photoluminescence emission wavelength in the whole visible light range with high quantum yield. Adv Optical Mater 4:2095–2101CrossRefGoogle Scholar