Mn (OH)2 electrodeposited on secondary porous Ni nano-architecture foam as high-performance electrode for supercapacitors
- 78 Downloads
The preparation and capacitance performances of Mn (OH)2@ secondary porous Ni nano-architecture foam (Mn (OH)2@SPNiNF) hybrids are systematically studied. The SPNiNF structure is simply obtained via a NiC2O4·2H2O in situ growing process on Ni foam surface, combined with a thermally treated process under Ar gas. Then, a layer of Mn (OH)2 film was electrodeposited onto the above SPNiNF sheet by applying a galvanostatical technique. It is shown that the SPNiNF sheet is composed of interconnected nanoparticles with a diameter range of 100–200 nm. The fabricated Mn (OH)2@SPNiNF electrode exhibited a high specific capacitance of 532.7 F g−1 and an areal capacitance of 906 m F cm−2 at a current density of 0.5 A g−1. The Mn (OH)2@SPNiNF electrode also exhibited a low ions diffusion resistance and a good cycling performance along with 85.7% specific capacitance retained after 5000 cycles. An asymmetric Mn (OH)2@SPNiNF //AC super capacitor exhibited an energy density of 69.1 Wh kg−1 at a power density of 0.6 kW kg−1. These results demonstrated that the Mn (OH)2@SPNiNF was a promising electrode material for supercapacitors.
KeywordsSupercapacitor Manganese hydroxide Nickel Nano-architecture Electrochemical performance
This work was supported by the financial support of the Science and Technology Planning Project of the Hunan Provincial Science and Technology Department (No. 2012 GK3098) and Scientific Research Fund of Hunan Provincial Education Department (No. 14A052).
- 1.Raza W, Ali F, Raza N, Luo YW, Kim K, Yang JH, Kumar S, Mehmood A, Kwon EE (2018) Recent advancements in supercapacitor technology. Nano Energy 52:441–473. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nanoen.2018.08.013
- 10.Yan J, Rasenthiram L, Fang H, Tjandra R, Wang LX, Wang LZ, Zhang Y, Zhang LS, Yu AP (2018) From amorphous to crystalline: in situ growth Ni-Co chalcogenides hybrid nanostructure on carbon cloth for supercapacitor. Ionics. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11581-018-2700-6
- 28.Anandana S, Raj BGS, Lee GJ, Wu JJ (2013) Sonochemical synthesis of manganese (II) hydroxide for supercapacitor applications. Mater Res Bull 48(9):3357–3361. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.materresbull.2013.05.021 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 32.Fan Z, Chen JH, Sun F, Yang L, Xu Y, Kuang YF (2007) Preparation of porous manganese hydroxide film and its application in supercapacitors. Indian J Chem 46A:736–741Google Scholar
- 36.Li YJ, Cao DX, Wang Y, Yang SN, Zhang DM, Ye K, Cheng K, Yin JL, Wang GL, Xu Y (2015) Hydrothermal deposition of manganese dioxide nanosheets on electrodeposited graphene covered nickel foam as a high-performance electrode for supercapacitors. J Power Sources 279:138–145. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2014.12.153 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 40.Ashassi-Sorkhabi H, La’le Badakhshan P (2017) Electrochemical synthesis of three-dimensional porous networks of nickel with different micro-nano structures for the fabrication of Ni/MnOx anocomposites with enhanced supercapacitive performance. Appl Surf Sci 419:165–176 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2017.04.254 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 44.Pan ZH, Qiu YC, Yang J, Ye FM, Xu YJ, Zhang XY, Liu MN, Zhang YG (2016) Ultra-endurance flexible all-solid-state asymmetric supercapacitors based on three-dimensionally coated MnOx nanosheets on nanoporous current collectors. Nano Energy 26:610–619 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nanoen.2016.05.053 CrossRefGoogle Scholar