Influence of alkali substitution in La0.7Ca0.3Mn0.8Cr0.2O3 perovskite manganite on structural, magnetic, and transport properties
- 42 Downloads
In order to study the effect of A-site cation mismatch on the structural, magnetic, and transport properties, a systematic investigation of La0.7Ca0.25A0.05Mn0.8Cr0.2O3 (A = Ca, Li, Na, K) has been undertaken. The XRD data of the materials, prepared by glycine-nitrate combustion method, have been analyzed by Rietveld refinement technique. The iodometric and EDX results show that except K doped sample, the desired stoichiometry of all the phases remains the same. The phases display a paramagnetic to ferromagnetic transition at low temperature with Tc found to decrease with decreasing ˂rA˃. It has been concluded that the conduction mechanism was dominated by small polaron hopping model in the high temperature paramagnetic semiconducting region.
KeywordsCombustion method Rietveld refinements Magnetic properties Transport properties
Authors are thankful to University Grants Commission, New Delhi for financial support vide Ref. No. 20/12/2015 (11) EU-V (Sr. No. 21215101B1). Authors are also thankful to Director, Advanced Materials Research Centre, IIT Mandi, for recording XRD. Thanks are also due to Prof. Ramesh Chandra, Institute Instrumentation Centre, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, for recording EDX and SEM.
- 23.Larson AC, Dreele RBV (2004) General structure analysis system (GSAS), Los Alamos National Laboratory Report LAUR 86–748Google Scholar
- 32.Chmaissem O, Dabrowski B, Kolesnik S, Mais J, Jorgensen JD, Short S (2003) Structural and magnetic phase diagrams of La1−xSrxMnO3 and Pr1−ySryMnO3. Phys Rev B 67: 094431(1–13)Google Scholar
- 33.Kittel C (1986) Introduction to solid state physics, th. Wiley, New York, 6:404–406Google Scholar
- 37.Manjunatha SO, Rao A, Babu PD, Chand T, Okram GS (2016) Electric, magnetic, and thermo-electric properties of Cr doped La0.8Ca0.2Mn1–xCrxMnO3 manganites. Solid State Commun 239: 37–43Google Scholar
- 38.Bhattacharya S, Pal S, Banerjee A, Yang HD, Chaudhuri BK (2003) Magnetotransport properties of alkali metal doped La–Ca–Mn–O system under pulsed magnetic field: decrease of small polaron coupling constant and melting of polarons in the high temperature phase. J Chem Phys 119(7):3972–3982CrossRefGoogle Scholar