Sol-gel synthesis of porous Na3Fe2(PO4)3 with enhanced sodium-ion storage capability
- 78 Downloads
Porous Na3Fe2(PO4)3 has been synthesized via a sol-gel method using citric acid as a metal ion complexing agent and polyvinyl alcohol as a structure-guiding agent. The obtained porous Na3Fe2(PO4)3 with particle size distribution of 40–60 nm has a typical NASICON structure in a space group of C2/c and the specific surface area is 40.2 m2 g−1. Electrochemical measurement results indicate that the initial discharge-specific capacity of porous Na3Fe2(PO4)3 is up to 92.5 mAh g−1 and maintains at 86 mAh g−1 after 200 cycles at 20 mA g−1 (92% of theoretical capacity) and the corresponding coulombic efficiency is up to 100% as well as high rate capability performance (71.5 mAh g−1 after 1000 cycles under 500 mA g−1). The excellent electrochemical properties are attributed to its particular [Fe2(PO4)3] “lantern units” stacked crystal structure and porous morphology, which significantly improves intercalation/de-intercalation kinetic of sodium ions.
KeywordsSol-gel method Porous Na3Fe2(PO4)3 Sodium-ion batteries
This work was financially supported by the financial support of Shanghai Science and Technology Commission (14DZ2261000). This work was supported by the national key research and development Program of China (2016YFB0901500).
- 1.Nooredn RV (2014) The rechargeable revolution: a better battery, Nature, 507Google Scholar
- 3.U.M.Y. U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) (2012) volume I. metals and minerals, mineral commodity summaries 2010, January, 2010Google Scholar
- 16.Liu Y, Zhou Y, Zhang J, Zhang S, Ren P (2015) Amorphous iron phosphate/carbonized polyaniline nanorods composite as cathode material in sodium-ion batteries. J Solid State ElectrochemGoogle Scholar
- 23.Zhu Q, Cheng H, Zhang X, He L, Hu L, Yang J (2018) Improvement in electrochemical performance of Na3V2(PO4)3/C cathode material for sodium-ion batteries by K-Ca co-doping. Electrochim Acta, 281Google Scholar
- 34.Nagamiga T (1952) On the theory of the dielectric, piezoelectric, and elastic properties of NH4H2PO4. Prog Theor Phys 7:275–284Google Scholar
- 39.Larson AC (1994) Dreele, General structure analysis system (GSAS), Los Alamos National Laboratory Report LAUR. Los Alamos National Laboratory Report LAUR, 86–748Google Scholar