Fabrication of PEI-Fc/SGO multilayer films modified electrode through LBL assembly technique for the detection of dopamine
- 68 Downloads
In this work, a sensor for the detection of dopamine (DA) based on electroactive polymer (PEI-Fc)/sulfonic acid-functionalized graphene oxide (SGO) multilayer film-modified glassy carbon electrode (GCE) through layer-by-layer (LBL) method was fabricated. Attenuated total reflectance Fourier transform infrared (ATR-FTIR) spectroscopy revealed the successful functionalization of GO into SGO with negatively charged sulfonic groups. The obtained PEI-Fc/SGO multilayer films were characterized using scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and ultravioletvisible spectrometer (UV-Vis). Cyclic voltammetric studies demonstrated that the modified electrode presented enhanced electrocatalytic performance towards DA in terms of peak currents compared with bare GCE. The choronoamperometric results indicated that the modified electrode exhibited a wide linear range from 1 to 695 μM with a low detection limit of 0.255 μM towards the detection of DA. Besides, the modified electrode exhibited good selectivity, excellent reproducibility, and high stability of at least 1 month.
KeywordsPEI-Fc SGO LBL assembly Choronoamperometry Dopamine
The research was supported by the Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars (ROCS), Ministry of Education, People’s Republic China.
Compliance with ethical standards
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 2.Jin L, Gao X, Wang L, Wu Q, Chen Z, Lin X (2013) Electrochemical activation of polyethyleneimine-wrapped carbon nanotubes/in situ formed gold nanoparticles functionalised nanocomposite sensor for high sensitive and selective determination of dopamine. J Electroanal Chem 692:1–8CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Tezerjani MD, Benvidi A, Dehghani Firouzabadi A, Mazloum-Ardakani M, Akbari A (2017) Epinephrine electrochemical sensor based on a carbon paste electrode modified with hydroquinone derivative and graphene oxide nano-sheets: simultaneous determination of epinephrine, acetaminophen and dopamine. Measurement 101:183–189CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Sroysee W, Chairam S, Amatatongchai M, Jarujamrus P, Tamuang S, Pimmongkol S, Chaicharoenwimolkul L, Somsook E (2018) Poly(m-ferrocenylaniline) modified carbon nanotubes-paste electrode encapsulated in nafion film for selective and sensitive determination of dopamine and uric acid in the presence of ascorbic acid. J Saudi Chem Soc 22:173–182CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Kangkamano T, Numnuam A, Limbut W, Kanatharana P, Thavarungkul P (2017) Chitosan cryogel with embedded gold nanoparticles decorated multiwalled carbon nanotubes modified electrode for highly sensitive flow based non-enzymatic glucose sensor. Sensors Actuators B Chem 246:854–863CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.Li C, Xiao L, Jiang Z, Tian X, Luo L, Liu W, Xu Z-L, Yang H, Jiang Z-J (2017) Sulfonic acid functionalized graphene oxide paper sandwiched in sulfonated poly(ether ether ketone): a proton exchange membrane with high performance for semi-passive direct methanol fuel cells. Int J Hydrog Energy 42:16731–16740CrossRefGoogle Scholar