Anchoring RuO2 nanoparticles on reduced graphene oxide-multi-walled carbon nanotubes as a high-performance supercapacitor
- 64 Downloads
Herein, we have prepared reduced graphene oxide-multi-walled carbon nanotubes-RuO2 (RGO-MWCNT-RuO2) for supercapacitor applications. For reaching to this purpose, graphene oxide (GO) was reduced with the help of NaBH4 and MWCNT was added to it. Then, RuO2 nanoparticles were decorated on the surfaces of RGO-MWCNT. Different techniques such as field emission scanning electron microscopy (FE-SEM), X-ray diffraction (XRD), thermal gravimetric analysis (TGA), and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) have been used to characterize the as-prepared sample. Electrochemical performance of the electrodes was studied in 1 M H2SO4 with different electrochemical techniques such as cyclic voltammetry (CV), charge–discharge (CD), and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS). RGO-MWCNT-RuO2 electrode showed high specific capacitance of 1846.3 F g−1 at 10 mV s−1. Meanwhile, this electrode exhibits excellent long cycle life of 98.3% initial specific capacitance retained after 500 cycles of charge–discharge at 100 A g−1. These excellent properties make this nanocomposite as a good candidate for supercapacitor electrodes.
KeywordsSupercapacitor RuO2 Reduced graphene oxide Specific capacitance
The authors are grateful to the Iran National Science Foundation (INSF) No. found 95836629 and the office of Vice Chancellor in Charge of Research of University of Tabriz. The authors would like to thank Adib Katurani for assistance in the measurement of TGA analysis.
- 1.Hosseini MG, Rasouli H, Shahryari E, Naji L (2017) Electrochemical behavior Nafion membrane based solid-state supercapacitor with GM/polypyrrole nanocomposite. J Appl Polym Sci. https://doi.org/10.1002/app.44926
- 6.Hosseini MG, Shahryari E (2017) Fabrication of novel solid-state supercapacitor using a Nafion polymer membrane with graphene oxide/multiwalled carbon nanotube/polyaniline. J Solid State Electrochem 21(10):2833–2848Google Scholar
- 8.Yan P, Zhang X, Hou M, Zhang R, Liu K, Liu T, Liu Y (2018) Fabrication and enhanced electrochemical performance of a nitrogen-doped porous graphene/nanometer-sized carbide-derived carbon composite for supercapacitors. Ionics. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11581-018-2537-z
- 16.Sun A, Xie L, Wang D, Wu Z (2018) Enhanced energy storage performance from co-decorated MoS2 nanosheets as supercapacitor electrode materials. Ceram Int. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2018.04.113
- 25.Salunkhe RR, Tang J, Kobayashi N, Kim J, Ide Y, Tominaka S, Kim JH, Yamauchi Y (2016) Ultrahigh performance supercapacitors utilizing core-shell nanoarchitectures from a metal-organic framework-derived nanoporous carbon and a conducting polymer. Chem Sci 7(9):5704–5713. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6SC01429A CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 32.Mu B, Zhang W, Shaoc S, Wang A (2014) Glycol assisted synthesis of graphene–MnO2– polyaniline ternary composites for high performance supercapacitor electrodes. R Soc Chem 16:7872–7880Google Scholar
- 34.Hosseini MG, Shahryari E (2016) Performance of polyaniline/manganese oxide-MWCNT nanocomposites as supercapacitors. Iran Chem Commun 3:67–77Google Scholar
- 35.Hosseini MG, Shahryari E, Najjar R, Ahadzadeh I (2015) Study of supercapacitive behavior of polyaniline/manganese oxide-carbon black nanocomposites based electrodes. Int J Nanosci Nanotechnol 11:147–157Google Scholar