On the Double Nano-Coned Graphite Metasurface-Based Multiband CIC Absorber
- 11 Downloads
Spectral characteristics of nano-engineered absorber comprised of nano-cone-shaped multi-layered (or cascaded) graphene metasurface (that results in graphite medium) were investigated under different chemical potentials and incidence conditions. The configuration of the proposed absorber is of the conductor-insulator-conductor (CIC) kind, wherein the top and bottom metasurfaces are identical in a pattern having the array of graphite-cones. Such three-layer CIC absorber hosts relatively thick dielectric substrate sandwiched between graphite nano-cone-based metasurfaces, in order to trap incidence electromagnetic fields. The results in respect of absorbance revealed usefulness of the proposed structure in spectral filtering in the visible and far-infrared regimes. Also, the tuning feature of absorber through altering the chemical potential of metasurfaces was highlighted.
KeywordsMetamaterial absorbers Graphene structures Nano-engineered mediums Complex mediums
One of the authors (PKC) gratefully acknowledges the support provided by the UKM. Also, the authors are thankful to the two anonymous reviewers; their constructive comments helped to improve the manuscript.
The project is partially supported by grant no. GUP-2018-157 provided by the UKM.
- 5.Yin X, Long C, Li J, Zhu H, Chen L, Guan J, Li X (2015) Ultra-wideband microwave absorber by connecting multiple absorption bands of two different-sized hyperbolic metamaterial waveguide arrays. Sci Repts 5:15367-1–15367-8Google Scholar
- 13.Vora A, Gwamuri J, Pala N, Kulkarni A, Pearce JM, Guney DO (2014) Exchanging ohmic losses in metamaterial absorbers with useful optical absorption for photovoltaics. Sci Rept 4:4901-1–4901-13Google Scholar
- 14.Wang B, Zhang X, García-Vidal F, Yuan X, Teng J (2012) Strong coupling of surface plasmon polaritons in monolayer graphene sheet arrays. Phys Rev Lett 109:073901-1–073901-5Google Scholar
- 16.Cheng H, Chen S, Yu P, Duan X, Xie B, Tian J (2013) Dynamically tunable plasmonically induced transparency in periodically patterned graphene nanostrips. Appl Phys Lett 103:203112-1–203112-3Google Scholar
- 17.Ding J, Arigong B, Ren H, Zhou M, Shao J, Lu M, Chai Y, Lin Y, Zhang H (2014) Tunable complementary metamaterial structures based on graphene for single and multiple transparency windows. Sci Rept 4:6128-1–6128-4Google Scholar
- 18.Lu H, Zheng C, Zhang Q, Liu X, Hussain MM, Reineck P, Gu M (2015) Graphene-based active slow surface plasmon polaritons. Sci Rept 5:8443-1–8443-7Google Scholar
- 27.Zhao B, Zhao JM, Zhang JM (2014) Enhancement of near-infrared absorption in graphene with metal gratings. Appl Phys Lett 105:031905-1–031905-3Google Scholar