Luminescence Enhancement and SERS by Self-Assembled Plasmonic Silver Nanostructures in Nanoporous Glasses
- 87 Downloads
It was shown experimentally that the action of continuous electric field on nanoporous silicate glasses with interconnecting pores, containing silver nanoparticles, leads to the spatial redistribution of nanoparticles. The concentration of nanoparticles near the negative electrode increases and results in silver nano- and microdendrite structure growth. The main mechanisms of the described effects are the field emission of silver ions from silver nanoparticles near negative electrode, migration of silver ions in the external electric field to the negative electrode, reduction of silver ions by free electrons, and new silver nanoparticle formation. The experiments have shown that at the ends of microdendrites, local field enhancement appears, which results in luminescence enhancement and in SERS.
KeywordsSilver Plasmonic nanostructure Self-assembling Nanoporous glass Luminescence SERS
Nanoporous glasses were synthesized in Grebenschikov Institute of Silicates Chemistry RAS, according to State Assignment (#0097-2015-0021). SEM characterizations were performed using equipment owned by the Joint Research Center “Material science and characterization in advanced technology” (#RFMEFI62117X0018).
This work was financially supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation for the task # 16.1651.2017/4.6.
- 5.Stockman MI (2006) Electromagnetic theory of SERS. In: Kneipp K, Moskovits M, Kneipp H (eds) Surface-enhanced Raman scattering. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 6.Nikonorov NV, Sidorov AI, Tsekhomskii VA (2010) Silver nanoparticles in oxide glasses: technologies and properties. In: Perez DP (ed) Silver nanoparticles. InTech, VukovarGoogle Scholar
- 9.Stockman MI (2014) Nanoplasmonics: fundamentals and applications. In: Di Bartolo B, Collins J, Silvestri L (eds) Nano-structures for optics and photonics. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 11.Doycho IK, Gevelyuk SA, Ptashchenko OO, Rysiakiewicz-Pasek E, Tolmachova TM, Tyurin OV, Zhukov SO (2010) Photoluminescence features of AgBr nanoparticles formed in porous glass matrices. Opt Appl 40:323Google Scholar
- 12.Rysiakiewicz-Pasek E, Polanska J, Gevelyuk SA, Doycho IK, Mak VT, Zhukov SA (2008) The photoluminescent properties of CdS clusters of different size in porous glasses. Opt Appl 38:93Google Scholar
- 13.Ovechko V, Schur O, Mygashko V (2008) Optical properties of the porous glass composite material. Opt Appl 38:75Google Scholar