A Study on the Morphology of the Silver Nanoparticles Deposited on the n-Type Porous Silicon Prepared Under Different Illumination Types
- 52 Downloads
In this study, the influence of n-type porous Si (n-PS) morphology properties and the performance of Ag nanoparticles (AgNPs)/n-PS Raman substrate were investigated. Two kinds of n-PS morphology (macro n-PS and mud n-PS) structures were fabricated by laser-assisted etching (LAE) process and ordinary light-assisted etching (OLAE) process, respectively. A simple and cost-effective immersion plating process of n-PS in 0.01 M concentration of AgNO3 for 16-min immersion time was used to synthesize AgNPs. The morphological properties of the deposited AgNPs on the macro n-PS layer showed that the deposition process is concentrated on the pore wall with a little density, while for mud n-PS, the AgNP layer is mainly composed of high-density uniformly distributed spherical particles located over the mud surface. Surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) process of AgNPs/n-PS revealed strong dependence on the morphology and the density of AgNPs. Enhancement factor (EF) of Raman signal of AgNPs/mud n-PS substrate is three orders of magnitude higher than that of AgNPs/macro n-PS substrate of about 1.6 × 1011 and 8.2 × 108, respectively.
KeywordsSERS Porous Si morphology Photoelectrochemical etching Ag nanoparticles Immersion process
Authors would like to express their gratitude to the Department of Applied Sciences/University of Technology for assistance with sample preparation.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Hicks CJ (2001) Spring 2001 MSU CEM 924.Google Scholar
- 8.Lee S, Kim DY (2005) Effect of incoherent light illumination during electrochemical anodization on the formation and the properties of porous Si. J Korean Phys Soc 47(5):880–883Google Scholar
- 12.Skoog DA, West DM, Holler FJ, Crouch SR (2013) Fundamentals of analytical chemistry. Nelson Education, OntarioGoogle Scholar
- 13.Canham L (2014) Pore volume (porosity) in porous silicon. In: Handbook of Porous Silicon. Springer,New York City pp 135–142Google Scholar
- 14.Behzad K, Yunus WMM, Talib ZA, Zakaria A, Bahrami A (2012) Effect of preparation parameters on physical, thermal and optical properties of n-type porous silicon. Int J Electrochem Sci 7:8266–8275Google Scholar