Partial CRC-aided decoding of 5G-NR short codes using reliability information
In this paper, we focus on how to further enhance the performance of the channel codes in order to meet the more stringent reliability requirements of future networks (5G and beyond). A general decoder with the aid of partial cyclic redundancy check (CRC) bits is proposed for the polar codes and short low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes in 5G systems. The decoder based on ordered statistic decoding (OSD) method can effectively improve the error-correction performance on the condition that extra CRC bits are used to assist in decoding. Meanwhile, the remaining part of CRC keeps its capability of error-detection to guarantee the undetected error rate low enough. This paper gives the detailed implementation schemes of the partial CRC-aided OSD process and its combination with the conventional decodings of the LDPC/polar codes in 5G systems. The simulation results show our proposed decoding scheme achieves a promising trade-off between the performance gain and the error-detection capabilities.
Keywordspolar codes LDPC codes CRC codes successive cancellation list decoding ordered statistic decoding
This work was supported in part by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61771133) and in part by National Science & Technology Projects of China (Grant No. 2018ZX03001002).
- 1.3GPP. TS 38.212 multiplexing and channel coding. V15.4.0. https://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/38series/38.212/
- 3.Prayogo G K, Putra R, Prasetyo A H, et al. Evaluation of LDPC code and polar code coding scheme in 5G technology massive machine type communication. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (ICITEE), 2018. 170–174Google Scholar
- 6.Tal I, Vardy A. List decoding of polar codes. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory Proceedings, 2011. 1–5Google Scholar
- 11.Zhu L, Jiang M, Wu C. An improved decoding of tail-biting convolutional codes for LTE systems. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Wireless Communications & Signal Processing, 2013. 1–4Google Scholar
- 12.Prevost R, Coulon M, Bonacci D, et al. Partial CRC-assisted error correction of AIS signals received by satellite. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, 2014. 1951–1955Google Scholar
- 18.Sybis M, Wesolowski K, Jayasinghe K, et al. Channel coding for ultra-reliable low-latency communication in 5G systems. In: Proceedings of 2016 IEEE 84th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall), 2016. 1–5Google Scholar