A Disturbance Rejection Control Approach for Clock Synchronization in IEEE 1588 Networks
- 8 Downloads
This paper is concerned with the clock synchronization problem for IEEE 1588 networks. First, the synchronization error is described as a bounded disturbance, and a linear extended state observer (LESO) is designed to estimate the lumped disturbance induced by the oscillator frequency drift and timestamps quantization errors. Then, the lumped disturbance is compensated by the proposed controller. The proposed approach has the advantage that it’s able to deal with non-Gaussian disturbance induced by accumulated quantization errors. Simulations are provided to validate the effectiveness and superiority of the proposed approach.
KeywordsFeedback control IEEE 1588 linear extended state observer peer-to-peer networks synchronization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wang S, Meng X, and Chen T, Wide-area control of power systems through delayed network communication, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2012, 20(99): 1–9.Google Scholar
- IEEE Standard for a Precision Clock Synchronization Protocol for Networked Measurement and Control Systems, IEEE Std. 1588–2002, 2002.Google Scholar
- Wu J and Poloquin R, Synchronizing device clocks using IEEE 1588 and Blackfin embedded processors, Analog Dialogue, 2009, 43(11): 1–5.Google Scholar
- Eidson J C, Measurement, Control, and Communication Using IEEE 1588, Springer, London, 2006.Google Scholar
- Correll K and Barendt N, Design considerations for software only implementations of the IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol, Conference on IEEE 1588 Standard for a Precision Clock Synchronization Protocol for Networked Measurement and Control Systems, 2006.Google Scholar
- Abubakari H and Sastry S, IEEE 1588 style synchronization over wireless link, IEEE International Symposium on Precision Clock Synchronization for Measurement, Control and Communication, 2008.Google Scholar
- Gao Z, Scaling and bandwidth-parameterization based controller tuning, Proceedings of the American Control Conference, 2003, 4989–4996.Google Scholar
- Shao X L and Wang H L, Performance analysis on linear extended state observer and its extension case with higher extended order, Control & Decision, 2015, 30(5): 815–822 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Thurnheer C, Blattner J, Weibel H, et al., Determination of the IEEE1588 Relevant Timing Behaviour of 100 Base-Tx PHYs, Proceedings of the 2005 Conference on IEEE-1588, 2005.Google Scholar
- Mller T, Ockert A, and Weibel H, PHYs and symmetrical propagation delay, 2004 Conference on IEEE, 2004.Google Scholar
- Zheng Q, Gaol L Q, and Gao Z, On stability analysis of active disturbance rejection control for nonlinear time-varying plants with unknown dynamics, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 2008, 3501–3506.Google Scholar