The Separate Meter in Separate Meter Out Control System Using Dual Servo Valves Based on Indirect Adaptive Robust Dynamic Surface Control
- 36 Downloads
Due to the demand for energy efficiency in electro-hydraulic systems, the separate meter in and separate meter out (SMISMO) control system attracts vast attention. In this paper, the SMISMO control system was configured with two servo valves to control the meter in and meter out separately. By designing two of the proposed indirect adaptive robust dynamic surface controllers (IARDSC) for the working-side and off-side system and setting the coupled items as estimated parameters, the SMISMO control system was decoupled into two subsystems completely. Here, indirect adaptive robust control (IARC) was employed to address the internal parameter uncertainties and external disturbances. Dynamic surface control (DSC) was utilized in the backstepping design procedure of IARC to deal with the inherent ‘explosion of terms’ problem. As thus, the proposed IARDSC could simplify the design procedure, decrease the computational cost, and achieve an improved control performance in practical use. Finally, experimental results validated the effectiveness of proposed IARDSC and showed that the proposed SMISMO control system could provide a possibility to save more energy.
KeywordsDynamic surface control indirect adaptive robust control parameter estimation SMISMO stability analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fischer E, Sitte A, Weber J, et al. Performance of an electro-hydraulic active steering system, 10th International Fluid Power Conference, Dresden, 2016, 375–386.Google Scholar
- Koivumaki J and Mattila J, An energy-efficient high performance motion control of a hydraulic crane applying virtual decomposition control, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2013, 4426–4433.Google Scholar
- Wang S K, Wang J Z, and Zhao J B, A high performance energy saving electro-hydraulic servo control circuit, CN102588358B, 2015.Google Scholar
- Liu Y, Xu B, Yang H, et al., Modeling of separate meter in and separate meter out control system, IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), 2009, 227–232.Google Scholar
- Liu Y, Xu B, Yang H, et al., Simulation of separate meter in and separate meter out valve arrangement used for synchronized control of two cylinders, IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), 2009, 1665–1670.Google Scholar
- Chen G R, Wang J Z, Wang S K, et al., Separate meter in and separate meter out energy saving control system using dual servo valves under complex load conditions, Transactions of Beijing Institute of Technology, 2016, 36(10): 1053–1058.Google Scholar
- Wang J Z, Zhao J B, Wang S K, et al., The separate meter in and separate meter out energy saving control system using dual servo valves and its control method, CN103148041A, 2013.Google Scholar
- Li Z, Chen J, Gan M, et al., Adaptive robust dynamic surface control of DC torque motors with true parameter estimates, American Control Conference (ACC), 2010, 3524–3529.Google Scholar
- Wang H, Wang D, and Peng Z, Adaptive dynamic surface control for cooperative path following of marine surface vehicles with input saturation, Nonlinear Dynamics, 2014, 77(1–2): 107–117.Google Scholar
- He Y, Wang J, ShenW, et al., Indirect adaptive robust dynamic surface control of electro-hydraulic fatigue testing system with huge elastic load, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, 2016, 230(2): 115–129.Google Scholar