Articulated Estimator Random Field and Geometrical Approach Applied in System Identification
- 35 Downloads
A new point of view of robust statistics based on a geometrical approach is tackled in this paper. Estimation procedures are carried out from a new robust cost function based on a chaining of elementary convex norms. This chain is randomly articulated in order to treat more efficiently natural outliers in data-set. Estimated parameters are considered as random fields and each of them, named articulated estimator random field (AERF) is a manifold or stratum of a stratified space with Riemannian geometry properties. From a high level excursion set, a probability distribution model Msta is presented and a system model validation geometric criterion (SYMOVAGEC) for system model structures Msys based on Riccian scalar curvatures is proposed. Numerical results are drawn in a context of system identification.
KeywordsArticulated robust estimation estimators random field information geometry stratified space system identification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wang H, Nie F, and Huang H, Robust distance metric learning via simultaneous L1-norm minimization and maximization, Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Machine Learning, Beijing, 2014, 32: 1–9.Google Scholar
- Adler R J, The Geometry of Random Fields, Classics in Applied Mathematics SIAM 62, 2010.Google Scholar
- Amari S, Theory of information spaces, a geometrical foundation of statistics, POST RAAG Report 106, 1980.Google Scholar
- Amari S and Nagaoka H, Methods of information geometry, Translations of Mathematical Monographs, Oxford University Press, AMS, 2000, 191.Google Scholar
- Tukey J W, A survey of sampling from contaminated distributions, Contributions to Probability and Statistics, Ed. by Olkin I, Stanford Univ. Press, Stanford, 1960, 448–485.Google Scholar
- Corbier C and Carmona J C, Extension of the tuning constant in the Huber’s function for robust modeling of piezoelectric systems, Int. J. Adapt. Control Signal Process, Published online in Wiley Online Library (wileyonlinelibrary.com), 2014, 1–16.Google Scholar
- Corbier C and Carmona J C, Mixed Lp-estimators variety for model order reduction in control oriented system identification, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2014, Article ID 349070, 1–19.Google Scholar