Application of a proton quantitative nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy method for the determination of actinodaphnine in Illigera aromatica and Illigera henryi
- 165 Downloads
Illigera aromatica S. Z. Huang et S. L. Mo and Illigera henryi W. W. Sm., belonging to the genus Illigera (Hernandiaceae), are used as herbal medicines for promoting blood circulation and treating tuberculosis. Actinodaphnine, the major bioactive alkaloid, plays an important role in the quality controls of the herbs. In the present study, a rapid, simple, accurate, and precise proton quantitative nuclear magnetic resonance (1H-qNMR) method was developed to determine the content of actinodaphnine in I. aromatica and I. henryi. DMSO-d6 enabled satisfactory separation of the signals to be integrated in 1H NMR spectrum. 1,4-Dinitrobenzene was selected as an internal standard. The limits of determination and quantitation were 0.005 and 0.038 mg/mL, respectively. This work implied that 1H-qNMR represents a feasible alternative to HPLC-based methods for quantitation of actinodaphnine in I. aromatica and I. henryi and is suitable for the quality control of I. aromatica and I. henryi.
KeywordsIlligera aromatica Illigera henryi Actinodaphnine Proton nuclear magnetic resonance Quantitation
This work was financially supported by a Yunnan Local Colleges Applied Basic Research Project (No. 2017FH001-092), a grant from the Science and Technology Project of Yunnan Provincial Department of Science and Technology (No. 2018FD081), a grant from the Shanghai Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Functional Materials, and a grant from the Functional Molecules Analysis and Biotransformation Key Laboratory of Universities in Yunnan Province.
- 1.Huang SZ (1985) A new species and some medicinal plants of Illigera BL. from Guangxi. Guihaia 5:17–20Google Scholar
- 2.Flora of China Editorial Committee (1982) Flora Reipublicae Popularis Sinicae. Science Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 3.Mo S, Li Z, Ou Y, Wei S, Si X, Fan D (2006) Study on chemical components of essential oil in Illigera aromatica S.Z. Huang et S.L. Mo by GC-MS. Lishizhen Med Mater Med Res 17:2512–2513Google Scholar
- 4.Xie L, Li P, Gong Z, Ou Y (2011) Study on chemical consituents of Illigera aromatica S. Z. Huang et S. L. Mo. Contemp Med 17:31–32Google Scholar
- 24.Emwas A-H, Roy R, McKay RT, Ryan D, Brennan L, Tenori L, Luchinat C, Gao X, Zeri AC, Gowda GAN, Raftery D, Steinbeck C, Salek RM (2016) Recommendations and standardization of biomarker quantification using NMR-based metabolomics with particular focus on urinary analysis. J Proteome Res 15:360–373CrossRefGoogle Scholar