Dehydropropylpantothenamide isolated by a co-culture of Nocardia tenerifensis IFM 10554T in the presence of animal cells
- 337 Downloads
A new amide, named dehydropropylpantothenamide (1), was obtained by a co-culture of Nocardia tenerifensis IFM 10554T in the presence of the mouse macrophage-like cell line J774.1 in modified Czapek-Dox (mCD) medium. Compound 1 was synthesized from d-pantothenic acid calcium salt in 6 steps. The absolute configuration of natural compound 1 was determined by comparisons of the optical rotation and CD spectra of synthetic 1. In the present study, a new method for producing secondary metabolites was demonstrated using a “co-culture” in which the genus Nocardia was cultured in the presence of an animal cell line.
KeywordsActinomycetes Nocardia Co-culture Amide
This study was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number 17H03992 and the Strategic Priority Research Promotion Program of Chiba University “Phytochemical Plant Molecular Sciences”.
- 3.McGuire JM, Bunch RL, Anderson RC, Boaz HE, Flynn EH, Powell HM, Smith JW (1952) Ilotycin, a new antibiotic. Antibiot Chemother 2:281–283Google Scholar
- 5.Bentley SD, Chater KF, Cerdeño-Tárraga AM, Challis GL, Thomson NR, James KD, Harris DE, Quail MA, Kieser H, Harper D, Bateman A, Brown S, Chandra G, Chen CW, Collins M, Cronin A, Fraser A, Goble A, Hidalgo J, Hornsby T, Howarth S, Huang CH, Kieser T, Larke L, Murphy L, Oliver K, O’Neil S, Rabbinowitsch E, Rajandream MA, Rutherford K, Rutter S, Seeger K, Saunders D, Sharp S, Squares R, Squares S, Taylor K, Warren T, Wietzorrek A, Woodward J, Barrell BG, Parkhill J, Hopwood DA (2002) Complete genome sequence of the model actinomycete Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). Nature 417:141–147CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.Pridham TG, Anderson P, Foley C, Lindenfelser LA, Hessetime CW, Benedict RG (1956–1957) A selection of media for maintenance and taxonomic study of streptomycetes. Antibiot Annu 1956–1957:947–953Google Scholar
- 28.Komura K, Ozaki A, Ieda N, Sugi Y (2008) FeCl3·6H2O as a versatile catalyst for the esterification of steroid alcohols with fatty acids. Synthesis 21:3407–3410Google Scholar
- 29.Sugawara H, Ohyama A, Mori H, Kurokawa K (2009) Microbial genome annotation pipeline (MiGAP) for diverse users. In: the 20th International Conference on Genome Informatics (GIW2009) Poster and Software Demonstrations (Yokohama):S001–1–2Google Scholar