A Note on some New Infinity Puzzles
In this short note I argue that, using the type of configurations put forward in a recent paper by Laraudogoitia in this same journal, new paradoxes of infinity of a completely different nature can be formulated.
KeywordsInfinity paradoxes Equilibrium Boyle’s law
Research for this work is part of the research project FFI2015-69792-R (funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, Government of Spain).
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Benardete, J. A. (1964). Infinity. An Essay in Metaphysics. Oxford: Clarendon Press.Google Scholar
- Laraudogoitia, J. P. (2019). Some new infinity Puzzles. Philosophia., 1–7. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11406-019-00122-3.
- Lautrup, B. (2005). Physics of Continuous Matter. Exotic and Everyday Phenomena in the Macroscopic World. Bristol: Institute of Physics Publishing.Google Scholar
- Rayo, A. (2019). On the brink of paradox. Cambridge: The MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Wilson, M. (2013). What is “classical mechanics” anyway. In R. Batterman (Ed.), The Oxford handbook of philosophy of physics (pp. 43–106). Oxford University Press. Oxford.Google Scholar