Crow-AFL: Crow Based Adaptive Fractional Lion Optimization Approach for the Intrusion Detection
- 10 Downloads
Intrusion detection has played a major role in ensuring the cybersecurity in various networks. Literature works deal with several cyber attacks in the data through designing various supervised approaches, but have not considered the size of the database during the optimization. Since, the data increases in size exponentially, it is necessary to cluster the database before detecting the presence of an intruder in the system. This work has considered these challenges and thus, has introduced a Crow based Adaptive Fractional Lion (Crow-AFL) optimization approach. The proposed intrusion detection system clusters the database into several groups with the Crow-AFL and detects the presence of intrusion in the clusters with the use of the HSDT classifier. Then, the compact data is provided to the deep belief network trained with Crow-AFL for identifying the presence of intrusion in the entire database. The simulation of the proposed Crow-AFL algorithm is done with the DARPA’s KDD cup dataset 1999. The metrics, accuracy, TPR, and TNR, measure the performance of the proposed Crow-AFL algorithm, and it has shown better performance with the value of 96%, 95%, and 96%, respectively.
KeywordsIntrusion detection Cyber security Clusters DBN DARPA’s KDD cup dataset 1999
- 1.Singh, S., & Silakari, S. (2009). A survey of cyber-attack detection systems. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security,9(5), 1–10.Google Scholar
- 2.Acharya, N., & Singh, S. (2017). An IWD-based feature selection method for intrusion detection system. Soft Computing,22, 1–10.Google Scholar
- 15.Veeraiah, N., & Krishna, B. T. (2018). Intrusion detection based on piecewise fuzzy C-means clustering and fuzzy Naïve Bayes rule. Multimedia Research,1(1), 27–32.Google Scholar
- 16.Powalkar, S., & Mukhedkar, M. M. (2015). Fast face recognition based on wavelet transform on PCA. International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJSRSET),1(4), 21–24.Google Scholar
- 19.Daga, B. S., Ghatol, A. A., & Thakare V. M. (2017). Silhouette based human fall detection using multimodal classifiers for content based video retrieval systems. In Proceedings of the international conference on intelligent computing, instrumentation and control technologies (ICICICT) (pp. 1409–1416).Google Scholar
- 27.Jing, L., & Bin, W. (2016). Network intrusion detection method based on relevance deep learning. In International conference on intelligent transportation, big data & smart city (ICITBS), Changsha, China (pp. 237–240).Google Scholar
- 31.The UCI KDD Archive KDD Cup 1999 Data. Retrieved from October 2017 http://kdd.ics.uci.edu/databases/kddcup99/kddcup99.html.