Optimal Sensing and Transmission of Energy Efficient Cognitive Radio Networks
- 16 Downloads
The issue of spectrum scarcity can be alleviated by the cognitive radio technology with efficient spectrum sensing and allocation of free spectrum bands. In Cognitive Radio Networks energy efficiency improvement is the state of art now days. This paper considers the case of primary user protection from cognitive user transmission to optimize the energy efficiency. The parameters of optimal design problem are sensing, transmission time and transmission power. A Sub Optimal Iterative Search Algorithm is proposed to maximize efficiency by optimizing sensing time and transmitting time. Simulation results exhibits substantial improvement in energy efficiency compared to the recent algorithms.
KeywordsCognitive radio networks Sensing time Transmission time Transmission power Energy efficiency
- 8.Lu, L., Zhou, X., Onunkwo, U., & Li, G. Y. (2012). Ten years of research in spectrum sensing and sharing in cognitive radio. EURASIP Journals on Wireless Communication and Networking,28, 1–16.Google Scholar
- 11.Awasthi, M., Nigam, M. J., & Kumar, V. (2017). Energy efficient hard decision fusion rules for fading and non-fading environment. In proceedings of the 2017 IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON), Malaysia, 2056-2060. https://doi.org/10.1109/tencon.2017.8228199.
- 14.Ergul, O., & Akan, O. B. (2013). Energy-efficient cooperative spectrum sensing for cognitive radio sensor networks. In IEEE symposium of computer and communication (ISCC) (pp. 465–469).Google Scholar
- 15.Peh, E. C. Y., Liang, Y. C., Guan, Y. L., & Pei, Y. (2011). Energy-efficient cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks. In IEEE global telecommunications conference (GLOBECOM 2011), IEEE.Google Scholar
- 21.Zarrin, S., & Teng, J. L. (2011). Throughput-sensing trade off of cognitive radio networks based on quickest sensing. In Proceedings of IEEE international conference on communications (pp. 1–5).Google Scholar