An Exhaustive Multi Factor Face Authentication Using Neuro-Fuzzy Approach
- 23 Downloads
The face authentication is a challenging task to validate the user with uncontrolled environment like variations on expression, pose, illumination and occlusion. In order to address these issues, the proposed work provides solution by considering all these factors in inter and intra personal face authentication. During enrollment process, the facial region of still image for the authorized user is detected and features are extracted using local tetra pattern (LTrP) technique. The features are given as input to the neural network namely fuzzy adaptive learning control network (FALCON) for training and classification of features. During authentication process, an image that can vary with expression, pose, illumination and occlusion factors is taken as test image and the test image is applied with LTrP and FALCON to train the features of test image. Then, these trained features are compared with existing feature set by using new proposed multi factor face authentication algorithm to authenticate a person. This work is evaluated among 1150 face images which are collected from JAFFE, Yale, ORL and AR datasets. The overall performance of the work is evaluated by authenticating 1106 images from 1150 constrained images. The second phase of the research work finally produces highest recognition rate of 96% among conventional methods.
KeywordsFace authentication Local tetra pattern Fuzzy adaptive learning control network Multi factor face authentication
- 3.Jain, A. K., Pankanti, S., Prabhakar, S., Hong, L., & Ross, A. (2004). Biometrics: A grand challenge. In Proceedings of 17th international conference on pattern recognition (Vol. 2(23), pp. 935–942).Google Scholar
- 5.Shanmugapriya, D., & Padmavathi, G. (2009). A survey of biometric keystroke dynamics: approaches, security and challenge. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security,5(1), 115–119.Google Scholar
- 6.Rangan, K., Shashank, M., Manikantan, K. L., & Ramachandran, S. (2015). Face recognition using truncated transform domain feature extraction. International Arab Journal of Information Technology,12(3), 211–219.Google Scholar
- 7.Haibin, Y., Jiwen, L., Xiuzhuang, Z., & Yuan, Y. S. (2014). Multi feature, multi manifold learning for single sample face recognition. Neuro Computing,143(2), 134–143.Google Scholar
- 8.Ming, Y. (2014). Rigid-area orthogonal spectral regression for efficient three dimensional face recognition. Neuro Computing,129(10), 445–457.Google Scholar
- 10.Naveena, D., Sunitha, S., & Lavanya, M. (2014). An efficient person identification system using face. International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies,2(10), 271–277.Google Scholar
- 13.Tayade, Y. R., & Bansode, S. M. (2013). An efficient face recognition and retrieval using LBP and SIFT. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering,2(4), 1769–1773.Google Scholar
- 14.Roger, J., Sun, C. T., & Mizutani, E. (1997). Neuro fuzzy and soft computing. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- 15.Fausett, L. V. (2004). Fundamentals of neural networks (1st ed.). London: Pearson Education. ISBN 8131700534.Google Scholar
- 16.Yale face image dataset. http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/attarchive/facedatabase.html. Accessed Sept 2015.
- 17.Japanese female facial expression (JAFFE) face image dataset. http://www.kasrl.org/jaffe.html. Accessed Sept 2015.
- 18.Olivetti Research Laboratory (ORL) face image dataset. http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/DTG/attarchive:pub/data/att_faces.zip. Accessed Sept 2015.
- 19.Aleix Martinez & Robert Benavente face image dataset. http://www2.ece.ohio-state.edu/~aleix/ARdatabase.html. Accessed Sept 2015.
- 20.Eleyan, H., & Demirel, H. (2005). Face recognition system based on PCA and feed forward neural networks. In Proceedings of computational intelligence and bio inspired systems, Barcelona (pp. 935–942).Google Scholar
- 21.Rachidahdid, J., Said, S., & Bouzid, M. (2015). Three dimensional face surfaces analysis using geodesic distance. Journal of Computer Sciences and Applications,3(3), 67–72.Google Scholar