Modified Trident UWB Printed Monopole Antenna
- 77 Downloads
A new modified trident printed monopole configuration for Ultra wideband applications is presented. This monopole antenna has multi resonant segments of rectangular patch with circular bottom and annular sector to form it like trident structure. By optimizing the dimensions of inner rectangular patch, outer annular sectoral structure, spacing between them and feed gap the ultra wide bandwidth has been obtained. The proposed antenna is designed to operate from 2.4 GHz to cover the range up to 12 GHz, which is well beyond defined ultra wideband range. The simulated parameters of the antenna have been verified with experiments with reasonable agreement.
KeywordsModified trident printed monopole antenna Multi-resonator Open ended resonator Ultra wide bandwidth (UWB) Printed monopole antenna
- 1.Revision of Part 15 of the Commission’s Rules Regarding Ultra-Wideband Transmission Systems, ET Docket 98-153 (2002). Federal Communications Commission, FCC 02-48, First Report And Order, Adopted: February 14, 2002 Released: April 22, 2002. http://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Orders/2002/fcc02048.pdf. Accessed March 21, 2009.
- 4.Liang, J. (2006). Antenna study and design for ultra wideband communication applications. Ph.D. Thesis, University of London, UK. http://www-student.elec.qmul.ac.uk/antennas/documents/thesis_Liang_Jianxin.pdf. Accessed March 25, 2011.
- 5.Schantz, H. G. (2003). A brief history of UWB antennas. In Proceedings of the 2003 IEEE UWBST conference (pp. 209–213). https://doi.org/10.1109/uwbst.2003.1267834.
- 8.Kumar, G., & Ray, K. P. (2003). Broadband microstrip antennas. Boston: Artech House.Google Scholar
- 11.Ray, K. P., & Thakur, S. S. (2012). Multi-resonating UWB printed monopole antenna. In Proceedings of the IRNet’s International conference on electrical, electronics and computer engineering, Ahmadabad, India. ISBN: 978-93-81693-20-8.Google Scholar
- 12.Nabil Srifi, M., Aznabet, M., Mrabet, O. E., Aknin, N., & Essaaidi, M. (2007). UWB Compact monopole antennas for breast cancer detection. In Proceedings of the Le 19EME colloque international––OHD DU5 AU8, Valence, France.Google Scholar
- 15.Behdad, N., & Sarabandi, K. (2004). A novel approach for bandwidth enhancement of slot antennas. In Proceedings of IEEE international antennas and propagation and URSI symposium, Monterey, CA. Google Scholar
- 16.Rec. ITU-R F.387-6. (1992). Radio-frequency channel arrangements for radio relay systems operating in the 11 GHz band, 1992-03. http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/odtr0069.pdf. Accessed July 12, 2010.
- 19.Zeland Software Inc. (2007). IE3D ver. 12.Google Scholar