A Probabilistic Model of Clock Offset Estimator (PMCOE) for Clock Synchronization in Wireless Sensor Network
- 25 Downloads
Synchronization of clock within a wireless sensor network epitomizes crucial problems in the efficient and reliable operation of the sensors. This paper discusses a novel probability theory based clock offset estimator for various clock synchronization schemes of wireless sensor networks is proposed. The motivation is to utilize local clock timing for achieving the global clock synchronization. It presents a probabilistic model to estimate the most expected value of clock offset for sensor nodes. This model uses a statistical tools based on dispersion and central tendency. The proposed model was compared with the existing clock offset estimating models. It was observed that the proposed model gives better results with 1.008% accuracy, 0.065% precision and 99.8% efficiency.
KeywordsClock synchronization Clock offset Probability function Wireless sensor network
- 2.Elson, J., Girod, L., & Estrin, D. (2002). Fine-grained network time synchronization using reference broadcasts. In Proceedings of the 5th symposium on operating systems, design and implementation. https://doi.org/10.1145/844128.844143.
- 3.Ganeriwal, S., Kumar, R., & Srivastava, M. B. (2003). Timing-sync protocol for sensor networks. In Proceedings of the SenSys. https://doi.org/10.1145/958491.958508.
- 6.Elson, J., Girod, L., & Estrin, D. (2002). Fine-grained network time synchronization using reference broadcasts. In Proceedings of the 5th symposium on operating system design implementation. https://doi.org/10.1145/844128.844143.
- 7.Ganeriwal, S., Kumar, R., & Srivastava, M. B. (2003). Timing synch protocol for sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 1st international conference on embedded network sensor systems. https://doi.org/10.1145/958491.958508.
- 17.Desai, M., Qiu, X., & Krishnamachari, B. (2006). Time stamped packet exchange data with CC2420-equipped motes. University of Southern California’s ANRG. Online Available: http://ceng.usc.edu/~anrg. Accessed 1 Oct 2017.
- 19.Mills, D. L. (1985). Algorithms for synchronizing network clocks. DARPA Network Working Group Report RFC-956, Network Working Group.Google Scholar